Shipping a vehicle to the United Kingdom is beneficial for anyone who plans on residing in the country. Having your own car allows you to travel your new surroundings freely while avoiding the difficulties of public transportation.
Fortunately, there are many great international auto transport companies experienced with handling the import policies of the UK.
Like all countries, the UK has a strict auto import policy. All regulations must be fulfilled in order for the vehicle to be lawfully allowed into the country. Any reliable transport company will be happy to assist you in the process of preparing the vehicle for shipping day. However, it is your responsibility to contact the Embassy of the United Kingdom
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
About Auto Import and the Documentation Needed.
To ensure a successful international delivery, certain proof will be required. This proof is to provide Customs with, so that they can give the automobile approval for import.
- Vehicle Title and Registration.
- Proof of Paid VAT and Duties.
- Proof of Passed Inspections.
- Proof of Vehicle Registration and Paid Tax.
- Proof of Insurance within the UK.
- License and Passport.
There may be other forms of proof requested. Not only will you need the specific documents, but the vehicle must be registered within 14 days of being in the country. Proof of insurance will also be necessary before the vehicle can even be driven on UK roadways.
When you hire seasoned transporters to help you with your vehicle’s oversea adventure, the process will be much less stressful. In fact, it is even very cost effective and often cheaper than less practical methods of international import. Find a reputable overseas transport company to ship your car to the United Kingdom.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory