Shipping a Car to Brampton from the United States.
People moving to Brampton often elect to take their vehicles along, and fortunately, the process is a fairly easy one – provided you have the right shipping service. That’s where A-1 Auto Transport comes in. With over two decades of experience shipping vehicles into Canada and elsewhere around the globe, A-1 provide world-class service and help you navigate the hurdles of foreign customs.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Located in Southern Ontario, Brampton is a suburban city in the Greater Toronto Area. Shipping is an easy process, as Brampton boasts excellent rail connections to locations around the country, and access to major highways. The nearby Port of Toronto provides a gateway to water routes as well.
Customs Laws and Regulations.
Canadian Customs has put in place guidelines to shape the importation process. Take a look at a couple of important notes:
- According to the US Custom 72 Hour Export Law, a copy of the ownership title must be sent to Canadian Customs officials at least 72 hours before the car crosses the border of the country. Failure to do so can result in delays and/or fines.
- View Canadian Registrar of Imported Vehicles to ensure that your vehicle will be admissible.
Close cooperation between the American and Canadian governments has ensured that the vehicle importation process is relatively straightforward, and doesn’t require too much paperwork. Do make sure that you bring the original title of the vehicle (or a DMV-certified copy), and your passport.
Methods of Shipping and Delivery.
You have the option of open or enclosed shipping.
- Roll-on/Roll-off Shipping – In this open shipping method, the car is loaded on large ships directly. To prevent any movement and damage, the car is then secured into place by heavy-duty straps. It is then unloaded in a similar manner once it reaches the destination. This is the option of choice for most customers, as it’s both safe and economical.
- Container Shipping – The car is driven directly into a cargo container in this enclosed method of shipping. These containers can be loaded onto carriers in much the same way as any other freight, and they provide an additional layer of protection that may be desirable for those with especially valuable vehicles.
Terminal-to-terminal and door-to-door are two choices available to you when it comes to the delivery of the car. With terminal-to-terminal service, you will be responsible for dropping off and collecting the vehicle at the ports of departure and arrival, respectively. Door-to-door service provides vehicle pickup and delivery to the locations of your choosing.
Follow these important guidelines to ensure that your vehicle is ready to be shipped:
- The car must be thoroughly washed and cleaned, outside as well as inside. This helps to speed along the inspection process.
- Please empty the interior and trunk of all personal belongings.
- Make it easy for shippers to move the vehicle as needed – disable your alarm system and fill the fuel tank about ¼ up.
- Check for any fluid leaks, as these could result in damage to your own vehicle or to others.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?