Ship Your Car To Or From Australia.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For a standard sized car or small truck, it costs $3,500 to $6,000 to import a car into Australia from the United States.
- In some cases, you may be able to find a more affordable option by using a shipping container, but there are additional non-shipping fees like duties and import fees that should be taken into consideration.
What You Need to Know When Shipping Your Vehicle from the U.S. To Australia.
When considering the shipment of your vehicle to Australia, it is extremely important to work with a shipping carrier that is very knowledgeable about the whole process from end-to-end. Australian regulations are very specific regarding the import/export of vehicles, and only a shipper who is well-versed in these regulations will be able to avoid unpleasant snags in the process.
Australia prides itself on the safety and performance of all the vehicles operating within the country, and any vehicle imported into the country will be subject to the same standards as all other domestic vehicles. To ensure compliance with these standards, it may be necessary to have some modifications and maintenance work done on your vehicle, and you will be liable for the cost of any such maintenance.
Australia is a huge island continent with many port cities, and most of them charge different fees for inbound cargo, so it will require a known shipper to secure the most favorable routes and destination for your shipment.
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Australia.
Necessary Steps For Importing.
To prepare for shipment of your vehicle, you’ll need to secure some paperwork ahead of time. The first thing you’ll need is a vehicle import permit, which you can apply for at the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development. The import process is regulated such that it must be handled either by a RAW (Registered Automotive Workshop) member who is familiar with all necessary requirements or in some cases individuals who secure approval from the Dept. of Infrastructure. Check other requirements with Australian Customs.
There are a number of other steps required, some of which are listed here:
- Upon arrival, file import declaration, pay customs duty, pay all taxes.
- File for quarantine inspection and setup appointment for same.
- If necessary, have modifications applied and test.
- Apply for identification plate approvals and registration to Australia.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Australia.
- Purchase document.
- International driver’s license.
- Copy of valid registration.
- Identity page of passport.
- Current Australian visa.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When discussing your shipping needs with a carrier, you’ll want to be prepared to choose either container shipping or RORO shipping (roll-on, roll-off). For container shipping, the car is sealed in a container and is locked for safety; for RORO shipping, the car will be driven on and off the ship via ramp. Container shipping is the more expensive option, but it is not the only factor in determining the cost. The price to have your vehicle shipped will also depend on the time of year, the size of your vehicle, insurance (if desired), and whether you need the vehicle picked up at your home, or you drive it to the exit port.
Prior to Shipping.
As might be expected, there are a ton of things to remember with a venture like shipping your automobile to another country. In many cases, your shipping carrier will have a handle on all these things and even do some of them for you, but you would be well-advised to be aware of these issues yourself, so as to ward off any unpleasant complications during the process.
- Make sure car is steam-cleaned inside and outside so it will not be quarantined upon arrival.
- Remove all air-conditioning gases.
- Make sure your vehicle is eligible to be shipped to another country. The exact laws governing eligibility are listed in Title 19 of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, but in general, refer to the documentation requirements and rules regarding lienholder permission.
- File with U.S. Customs and Border Protection. This is one of those areas that may be handled by your shipper, but be sure and confirm this. Documentation must be submitted to this agency at least 72 hours before the vehicle can be exported.
Related Information & FAQs.
- You can ship a car from America to Australia with an international transport company
- What You should know about shipping a car to Australia from the US?
- Why You should ship your car to Australia through experienced transport services?
- How to ship a boat from Florida to Australia
- Shipping an RV from USA to Australia
- What is the cost to ship a vehicle to Australia?
- Find the right transporter to ship your ATV to Australia
- Import vehicle into USA from Australia
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory