Ship Car To Bawshar
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Overlooking the Sea of Oman, the city of Bawshar in Oman borders the Muttrah city. As an important center of culture and trade, there might be plenty of reasons for relocating here from USA.
Though the process of shipping your car from USA to Oman might seem tedious and complex, when A1 Auto Transport works with you, we make it all happen seamlessly.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
However, it is important to remember that Oman has stringent rules for imported vehicles and adherence to these is important. All foreign individuals are allowed to import the vehicle after fulfilling specific requirements for temporary imports including:
- If there is an International Passage Register, the foreigner is allowed to import the vehicle for six months.
- As a U.S citizen, you can only import one vehicle and if it is a used vehicle, it cannot be over 7 years old.
- If there is no permit (international passage register), you can only bring in the vehicle for 3 months and then it has to be exported back to USA. To extend the permit, additional taxes need to be cleared.
Apart from following the rules and regulations, it is important that the right documents be submitted for verification of the import. Some of the important documents are:
- S issued driver’s license/International driving license.
- Registration documents of the vehicle.
- International Passage Register/Import permit.
- Title deed and license plates (in copies).
- Oman insurance policy.
The tenure of the vehicle will be decided by whether you have the International Passage Register or not. Additionally, if you can get it, you can extend the temporary status of import. That is why it is essential to talk with one of our shipping agents or call in the Oman Customs Department. They will be able to assist you with the various import duties and taxes that are to be paid before the vehicle delivery is possible.
When you are looking to calculate the cost of shipping your vehicle to Bawshar, it is essential to check the shipping options you have. Each method is charged differently and that is why knowing the different types and prices is important.
A1 Auto Transport service recommends container shipping and RORO to ship vehicles to Oman. RORO is cheaper as compared to container shipping because when you ship by Roll-on/Roll-Off method, you only pay for the space taken by the empty vehicle. But when you ship by container shipping, you have to pay for a 20 feet or 40 feet shipping container, which not only holds the vehicle but other personal items as well.
You might like to contact the Embassy of the Sultanate of Oman for more details, import duties and current laws for vehicle imports.