The highly populated bustling town of Almaty is the largest city of Kazakhstan. It is also the center of trade, commerce and is a major cultural center. Located in the foothills of the Trans-Ili Alatau, it is one of the most scenic cities in the country and pulls large number of tourists. If you are here to work or study, it would be convenient to have your vehicle with you as public transportation isn’t very efficient. With a steady increase in business and tourism, law regulating the imports has become more efficient and strengthened over the years.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before you can ship your vehicle from USA to Almaty, Kazakhstan, you need to submit a host of documents at the U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Some of these documents include:
- Registration deed.
- Car title.
- Invoice of Vehicle purchase.
- Ownership proof.
- Work/residence permit.
If you need more information about the latest regulations, you need to browse the Kazakhstan Customs department to know more about it. There are certain limitations and eligibility criteria that have to be adhered to for a smooth import. Thus it is good to discuss it with your shipping service. You might be allowed to drive to the local US port or you can ask the shipping service that you hire to pick and drop the vehicle. However, this is an additional cost that you will have to factor in.
Upon arrival in Aktau city, the only port of Kazakhstan you will need to be present there or authorized your shipping service to complete the legal procedures and pay custom duties. If modifications are needed, as per requirement by Ministry of Transport, you will need to get that done. Additionally license plate registrations will be needed as per government laws. You need to know the driving rules specific to Almaty before you start driving in the city. The U.S issued driving license is only valid for six months and then you will need to get the local license.
Methods of freight shipping.
The most common methods to ship are RORO and container shipping. There are some regulations and limitations that have to be followed, if you are looking for the shipping by RORO that is the cheapest option. The vehicle is driven up the ramp onto the ship’s deck, harnessed and secured to limit movement during transit and then driven off at the final port. However, these are some regulations that you will need to adhere to:
- Remove all personal items and accessories from the vehicle.
- Complete clean the insides of the vehicle before shipping to avoid quarantine.
- Only have quarter tan of gas.
- Remove all air conditioning gas.
- Keep a jack, spare tire, floor mats and set of keys.
However there are no regulations on container shipping except that you cannot bring in anything that is deemed illegal in Kazakhstan. Apart from that you can put your car and other goods that need to be imported into 20 ft. or 40 ft. containers and ship it. This is more expensive than RORO.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory