Arica is a port city located in the Arica Province in the northern region of Chile. It is the northernmost city in the country and is located about 18 kilometers away from the border of Peru. The city is also the acting capital of the Arica Province as well as the Parinacota Region. It is located on Arica Bend, the western coast of South America.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
If you plan on moving here and you want to get your vehicle with you, you would have to hire a professional auto transportation service such as A1 Auto Transport that is actually capable of shipping vehicles internationally. Your transport agent is going to be a valuable resource of information when it comes to it and you should be able to rely on him a lot. He should provide you with all the necessary details, along with the documents that you need to prepare and submit, which include:
- Driver’s License.
- Vehicle Title.
- Social Security Card.
- Power of Attorney.
You may need to check, if the international vehicle shipping insurance is included in the cost. If it’s not, you will need to acquire it on your own. You need to get your vehicle ready for the customs checkpoint. In order to do so, you would have to prepare the following to provide the agents at the Arica customs:
- Title and registration certificate.
- Original Lading or Airway Bill.
- Commercial invoice or any proof of purchase.
- Declaration for used vehicles.
- Insurance Certificate which states the premium amount.
Import Regulations of Arica.
It’s important to be physically present at the point of arrival when your vehicle arrives in order to retrieve it. If you are not from Chile, you can only import new vehicles. Foreign diplomats are exempt from taxation on new vehicles. Chilean diplomats can no longer import a vehicle under their exemption statute. Those who are returning to Chile but have been away for more than a year would still have to pay the taxes and duties. The bill of lading should state the weight of the vehicle. All imported cars have to pay duty and 19% tax based on the CIF.
There are three methods that you might want to consider if you want to import your vehicle to Arica
- Roll-on/Roll-off: This is by far the fastest and the cheapest water-based transportation method. However, you wouldn’t be able to ship any personal belongings and you need to leave nothing in the car but your car jack, spare tire, and floor mats.
- Container shipping: This is slightly more expensive but you can ship as many personal belongings as you can fit in the container. There are two sizes – 20ft and 40ft – as per your choosing.
- Air Shipping: This is the quickest way amongst all but it’s also very expensive and a lot of people won’t go for it.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?