Shipping A Car To American-Samoa
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Since American-Samoa is technically a U.S. territory, it’s cheaper than many other locations as far as shipping costs are concerned (or at least taxes and tariff).
- Most cars can be shipped there from the U.S. for $3,000 or less from a port in the western U.S., though it is slightly more for larger vehicles, especially those that cannot be shipped in a container.
Shipping/exporting a vehicle to the American-Samoa is a lot easier than shipping a car to Western-Samoa. American-Samoa is classified as an unincorporated territory of the United States. Due to this, it falls under the jurisdiction of the United States and its many vehicle regulations. American-Samoa is an island country that is located east of Western Samoa and Australia. It uses the currency of the United States, the United States Dollar. The most common shipping port in America-Samoa is the Port of Pago-Pago.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To American-Samoa
The only major tax that you will pay on an import to American-Samoa is a 4% use tax that is placed on items imported for personal or business use.
The following documents are required in order to import a vehicle:
- Title and registration
- Proof of insurance
- Copy of driver’s license
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Form -3520-21, if required
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Form HS-7
- Customs 7501 Forms
- Letter from the EPA granting permission, if foreign, or if the vehicle is older than 25 years old
- An invoice, bill of sale, or statement of value that states the vehicle’s VIN, description, model, and year.
The biggest hurdle that you will have to overcome when shipping a vehicle to American-Samoa is the United States government and their regulations. Your vehicle will need to comply with DOT and EPA policies. In addition, vehicles must not be older than 25 years, and if they are, they must be compliant with the EPA’s emission requirements. Non-US citizens can import a car to American-Samoa for a period of 1 year, with no renewals. However, they must have a permission letter from the EPA.
Because American-Samoa is part of the United States, the process is simple so long as you have the necessary documents. Our shipping company will handle all of the importation paperwork.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Our company offers many different shipping/exporting methods. However, the roll on, roll off and container shipping methods tend to be the most popular and cost-effective choices.
Roll on, Roll off
The roll on, roll off method is one of the most popular. Your vehicle is driven onto the ship, securely held in place, delivered to the port of choice, and then driven off the ship. In order for this method to be viable, your vehicle must operable. If you elect to use this shipping method, you cannot store personal items in your vehicle.
If you are looking to ship personal belongings with your vehicle, this may be the best shipping method for you. Your vehicle and personal belongings will be securely held in place and stored in a shipping container.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?