- Car Shipping American-Samoa
- Shipping A Car To American-Samoa
- Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To American-Samoa
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Shipping Methods
- Roll on, Roll off
- Container Shipping
- Valuable Resources
Car Shipping American-Samoa
Shipping A Car To American-Samoa.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Since American-Samoa is technically a U.S. territory, it’s cheaper than many other locations as far as shipping costs are concerned (or at least taxes and tariff).
- Most cars can be shipped there from the U.S. for $3,000 or less from a port in the western U.S., though it is slightly more for larger vehicles, especially those that cannot be shipped in a container.
Shipping/exporting a vehicle to the American-Samoa is a lot easier than shipping a car to Western-Samoa. American-Samoa is classified as an unincorporated territory of the United States. Due to this, it falls under the jurisdiction of the United States and its many vehicle regulations. American-Samoa is an island country that is located east of Western Samoa and Australia. It uses the currency of the United States, the United States Dollar. The most common shipping port in America-Samoa is the Port of Pago-Pago.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To American-Samoa.
The only major tax that you will pay on an import to American-Samoa is a 4% use tax that is placed on items imported for personal or business use.
The following documents are required in order to import a vehicle:
- Title and registration.
- Proof of insurance.
- Copy of driver’s license.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Form -3520-21, if required.
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Form HS-7.
- Customs 7501 Forms.
- Letter from the EPA granting permission, if foreign, or if the vehicle is older than 25 years old.
- An invoice, bill of sale, or statement of value that states the vehicle’s VIN, description, model, and year.
The United States government and its laws pose the greatest challenge to anyone hoping to ship a car to American Samoa. Both the DOT and the EPA have regulations that your car must follow. In addition automobiles cannot be more than 25 years old and if they are they still need to meet EPA standards for emissions. American Samoa allows non-US citizens to import vehicles for a year however permits cannot be renewed. However this can only be done if they receive a letter of approval from the EPA.
Because American-Samoa is part of the United States, the process is simple so long as you have the necessary documents. Our shipping company will handle all of the importation paperwork.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Our company offers many different shipping/exporting methods. However, the roll on, roll off and container shipping methods tend to be the most popular and cost-effective choices.
Roll on, Roll off
The roll on, roll off method is one of the most popular. Your vehicle is driven onto the ship, securely held in place, delivered to the port of choice, and then driven off the ship. In order for this method to be viable, your vehicle must operable. If you elect to use this shipping method, you cannot store personal items in your vehicle.
If you are looking to ship personal belongings with your vehicle, this may be the best shipping method for you. Your vehicle and personal belongings will be securely held in place and stored in a shipping container.