Shipping a vehicle to any country from the United States will propose its problems, but luckily Mexico doesn't have strict requirements like many other countries. As long as the policies are fulfilled and the proper documentation is presented, vehicle shipment is possible.
Acapulco is a city in Guerrero and is also a major seaport. It is best known for its gorgeous beach resorts, nightlife and many other attractions. Acapulco has definitely become a loved part of Mexico where many come to stay a while or even reside.
The Requirements That Need to Be Fulfilled for Shipment.
As for the requirements of vehicle shipment to Acapulco, there isn't too much that will need to be addressed. However, it is necessary to follow all policies or vehicle shipment will not be allowed.
- Two of the following will be needed: License, Passport, Picture ID, Registered Voter's License, Visa, or Proof of Residency.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
- The vehicle must be no younger than 5 years old.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It must have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Luxury vehicles, sports cars and convertibles are not permitted.
Contact the Embassy of Mexico to make sure that you have the most current information for vehicle shipment. Policies can change anytime so it is best to be sure that you have the correct information.
Methods of Vehicle Shipment.
There are several ways to ship your vehicle. These methods include RO/RO shipping, container shipping and air shipping. All of these methods are reliable, but it is up to you to decide what is best. Make sure that you are shipping your vehicle within your budget's means.
RO/RO shipping is the cheapest method, but it is not accepted at all seaports. Container shipping will allow you to ship other belongings, and while air shipping sounds like a great method of shipment, it is very expensive. Air shipping cannot be afforded by most people.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.