Shipping a vehicle to any country from the United States will propose its problems, but luckily Mexico doesn’t have strict requirements like many other countries. As long as the policies are fulfilled and the proper documentation is presented, vehicle shipment is possible.
Acapulco is a city in Guerrero and is also a major seaport. It is best known for its gorgeous beach resorts, nightlife and many other attractions. Acapulco has definitely become a loved part of Mexico where many come to stay a while or even reside.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Requirements That Need to Be Fulfilled for Shipment.
As for the requirements of vehicle shipment to Acapulco, there isn’t too much that will need to be addressed. However, it is necessary to follow all policies or vehicle shipment will not be allowed.
- Two of the following will be needed: License, Passport, Picture ID, Registered Voter’s License, Visa, or Proof of Residency.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
- The vehicle must be no younger than 5 years old.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It must have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Luxury vehicles, sports cars and convertibles are not permitted.
Contact the Embassy of Mexico to make sure that you have the most current information for vehicle shipment. Policies can change anytime so it is best to be sure that you have the correct information.
Methods of Vehicle Shipment.
There are several ways to ship your vehicle. These methods include RO/RO shipping, container shipping and air shipping. All of these methods are reliable, but it is up to you to decide what is best. Make sure that you are shipping your vehicle within your budget’s means.
RO/RO shipping is the cheapest method, but it is not accepted at all seaports. Container shipping will allow you to ship other belongings, and while air shipping sounds like a great method of shipment, it is very expensive. Air shipping cannot be afforded by most people.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?