Have a Vehicle Shipped from the United States to Afghanistan
Shipping A Car To Afghanistan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Standard shipping costs from the USA to Afghanistan run between $1,100 and $5,000.
- Since Afghanistan has no seaports of its own, vehicles shipped there go through Pakistan using either RORO (roll on, roll off) or containerized shipping.
If you intend on going to Afghanistan for any extended length of time, consider having your vehicle shipped over too. Whether you are there for employment or study, Afghanistan is a place where having your own vehicle will definitely be worth your while.
With everything going on over in Afghanistan, going there to stay a while will be challenging. Having your own vehicle will make it so that you can travel freely and avoid language barriers and other challenges that come along with moving to a foreign country.
Popular Shipping Destinations:
The Variety of Shipping Methods Available
After contacting the Embassy of Afghanistan for the most current information in regards to vehicle shipment from the United States, consider the variety of shipping/exporting methods available to you. There are three methods available for vehicle shipping/exporting. However, one of these methods is rarely ever used.
The cheapest form of vehicle shipment is RO/RO shipping. This shipping/exporting method will require that the vehicle remain empty with a few exceptions. Only floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire are allowed inside the vehicle at the time of shipment. The vehicle will need to be rolled onto the ship and off of the ship.
Another common shipping method is the container method. This method will allow you to fill the vehicle and the container with other belongings. The containers usually come in two sizes. They can also be shared with someone else. The costs can then be split.
Air shipping is another method for vehicle shipment. This method is great for landlocked countries, yet it is so expensive that not many people can afford to have a vehicle shipped this way.
Keep in mind, that not all ports accept the RO/RO shipping method. Make sure there is one that does somewhere near you so that you can easily retrieve your vehicle when it arrives or is imported. A port will not hold a vehicle for the owner. You must be present the day that it arrives at port.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Afghanistan
- Valid passport
- Packing list & waybill
- Copy of invoice
- Valid visa
- Proof of purchase (if less than 6 months old)
- Customs clearance
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!