Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Afghanistan
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Ship Your Car To Or From Afghanistan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Standard shipping costs from the USA to Afghanistan run between $1,100 and $5,000.
- Since Afghanistan has no seaports of its own, vehicles shipped there go through Pakistan using either RORO (roll on, roll off) or containerized shipping.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Afghanistan
|San Jose, CA to (California port)|
|Los Angeles to (California port)|
|Boston, MA to (New York port)|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port)|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port)|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port)|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port)|
|Denver, CO to (California port)|
|Miami, FL to (New York port)|
|Dallas, TX to (California port)|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
If you intend on going to Afghanistan for any extended length of time, consider having your vehicle shipped over too. Whether you are there for employment or study, Afghanistan is a place where having your own vehicle will definitely be worth your while.
With everything going on over in Afghanistan, going there to stay a while will be challenging. Having your own vehicle will make it so that you can travel freely and avoid language barriers and other challenges that come along with moving to a foreign country.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Afghanistan
The Variety of Shipping Methods Available
After contacting the Embassy of Afghanistan for the most current information in regards to vehicle shipment from the United States, consider the variety of shipping/exporting methods available to you. There are three methods available for vehicle shipping/exporting. However, one of these methods is rarely ever used.
The cheapest form of vehicle shipment is RO/RO shipping. This shipping/exporting method will require that the vehicle remain empty with a few exceptions. Only floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire are allowed inside the vehicle at the time of shipment. The vehicle will need to be rolled onto the ship and off of the ship.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Another common shipping method is the container method. This method will allow you to fill the vehicle and the container with other belongings. The containers usually come in two sizes. They can also be shared with someone else. The costs can then be split.
Air shipping is another method for vehicle shipment. This method is great for landlocked countries, yet it is so expensive that not many people can afford to have a vehicle shipped this way.
Keep in mind, that not all ports accept the RO/RO shipping method. Make sure there is one that does somewhere near you so that you can easily retrieve your vehicle when it arrives or is imported. A port will not hold a vehicle for the owner. You must be present the day that it arrives at port.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Afghanistan
- Valid passport
- Packing list & waybill
- Copy of invoice
- Valid visa
- Proof of purchase (if less than 6 months old)
- Customs clearance
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Afghanistan
Shipping oversized cargo and heavy equipment to another country isn’t easy to do without anything you may need such as haulers or the right shipping materials and equipment. Not to mention, you’ll need to abide by foreign import policies which isn’t usually easy for someone without prior understanding and knowledge. Luckily, A1 Auto Transport can help.
Ideally, any cargo that cannot fit into a 40ft shipping container is considered as over-sized. However, if your cargo fits into a shipping container yet exceeds the standard weight limits, it may also be considered heavy equipment. Here are some examples of the heavy and oversized equipment we’re able to have shipped overseas:
- Tractors, combines & other farm equipment
- Backhoes and excavators
- RVs and motorhomes
- Industrial equipment
- Bulldozers, dump trucks and forklifts
- Hydraulic equipment
- Oversized engines
- Pile drivers
- Large trucks & heavy vehicles
- Engineering & agricultural equipment
At A1 Auto Transport, we ensure a safe transport of your heavy equipment from the United States to Afghanistan. We will even make sure you comply with foreign policies so that your cargo isn’t denied access into the nation. Throughout the entire shipping process you will benefit from our guidance while having the ability to monitor your cargo’s whereabouts through satellite tracking services.
The Shipping Options We Have Available
Depending on your cargo and the route that must be taken to carry out the delivery, there are several shipping methods that we have available. Some of these options offer more security than others and some of them are much less expensive than others. Our professionals can help you to decide but here’s a little further insight first…
- LoLo Shipping or Lift On/Lift Off – Using a crane, we will safely lift your cargo onto the ship. Once the cargo reaches the port nearest Afghanistan, it will be lifted off the ship in the same manner. This shipping service applies primarily to non-op vehicles and crated heavy equipment.
- RoRo Shipping or Roll On/Roll Off – Although not all sea ports except cargo shipped through this method of transport, it is the cheapest option available. With this shipping method, the motorized piece of equipment or vehicle is rolled onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- Container Shipping – This method tends to cost a bit more yet it isn’t available to all those shipping heavy equipment. If your heavy cargo fits into the container than you’re likely able to request this method of transport. The walls and ceiling of the container provide the ultimate protection during your cargo’s travels.
- Flat Rack Shipping – This shipping method uses what appears to be the frame of a shipping container. Lacking walls or a ceiling, your cargo is secured to the frame for its transport. The frame with your cargo secured, is placed atop the ship for its delivery. Depending on the weather conditions, your cargo may be wrapped and protected by shrink wrap or plastic sheeting.