Bafoussam is the capital of the West Region of the country of Cameroon and one of the three arrondissements in the department of Mifi.
If you intend on importing a vehicle with you in order to travel quickly from one point to another, you might want to trust a reliable shipping agency such as the A-1 Auto Transport. The truth is that handling this task all by yourself could be quite overwhelming.
Cameroon has an estimated population count of about 21.5 million people and it has its location in West Central Africa. Even though the official languages are French and English, not quite a lot of people can actually speak them. The important thing is that the officials do and that’s why we have our agents sent there to help you with the communication if something happens. Even though the corruption in the country is relatively high, A1 Auto Transport can ensure that your vehicle gets there safely.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Recommendations for Import.
Even though English isn’t really spoken, the majority of the officials in the Cameroon Customs Department are going to have basic literacy and fluency. The main issue that you should be concerned with if dealing with the process on your own is the high corruption. This along inadequate staffing means that you can expect considerable delays of your shipping.
Having good connections with the officials in Cameroon is particularly important if you don’t want to be penalized with unregulated extra fees due to the corruption. And A1 Auto Transport has enough experience to ensure that you wouldn’t have to pay any more than the regulated amount. We will work with the local agents and have plenty of experience shipping vehicles to Cameroon.
There are quite a lot of documents that you would have to provide prior to its arrival. You will have to send it to both the customs in Cameroon and in the USA. These documents include:
- Ownership proof.
- Final destination of the vehicle.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Bill of Sale.
Unless you are shipping the car to a permanent address, you have to pay all of the taxes. The average tax amounts to 19.5333% and there is no excise tax. However, there is an indirect consumer goods tax of about 25% and a VAT of 18.7%.
Though you will have your vehicle with you in Cameroon, before we give you a free quote, we need you to choose between the two common methods of freight shipping. This will help you get the most competitive rates and will fit in with your budget. There are two primary shipping methods that you can choose from:
- RORO shipping requires you to drive the vehicle on its own wheels on a shipping deck. It is then going to be safely strapped on it and transported to Cameroon with the freight carrier. This is the quickest and cheapest sea-freight method but there are a lot of restrictions. You can only ship an empty vehicle with no personal belongings inside it. Additionally, all alarms have to be disabled, air conditioning gas removed and insides of the vehicle cleaned before shipping it out.
- Container shipping allows you to take advantage of an enclosed 20ft or 40ft container and ship as many belongings along with your car as the container can fit. This is why it’s slower and more expensive.
To get the latest updates on auto import regulations, contact the Embassy of Cameroon in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory