Ship Car To Bilbao
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Bilbao is one of the major cities in the province of Biscay and it’s also a municipality in the country of Spain. At the same time it is known as the largest municipality in the Basque Country and it’s also the tenth biggest city in the country.
You are going to have to hire a professional auto transport service like A1 Auto Transport if you’ve decided to import your car to Spain. When you do this, you’d have to provide the shipping agent with certain information such as the title of the car, driver’s license, social security number as well as the insurance policy. Even though Spain is generally a country which doesn’t require so many preparations for import, Bilbao, on the other hand, does have certain Spanish customs regulations that you’d have to abide by when importing your car. You must prove that you were the owner of the vehicle for the last six months which are prior to the date of the import. You are also going to have to register the car in the country in order to obtain a valid insurance policy in the country.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documentation for Import.
- Two physical tracings of the number of the chassis.
- Insurance policy.
- The original title, bill of sale and registration.
Before You Ship to Bilbao.
You should consider the auto transport company as your personal source of important information as well as knowledge of the entire process. He should let you know about the procedures and assist you with filling out the required paperwork. The company should also provide you with preparation shipping information regarding your car prior to the shipping. For some particular shipping methods you’d have to thoroughly clean the vehicle inside and out. For others you will be allowed to ship personal belongings as well. The overall price of the entire process is going to be based on the shipping method as well as the weight or the size of your vehicle.
There are generally three ways that you can possibly ship your car to Bilbao and they include:
- RoRo Shipping – this is the overly preferred method because it’s a lot cheaper. Apart from that, it’s also known as the quickest method for shipping by sea.
- Container Shipping – this is generally the next most used method. This is an excellent choice if you are relocating for good and you need to transport all of your personal belongings. Unlike Ro/Ro shipping, container shipping allows you to transport additional belongings along with your vehicle.
- Air Shipping – The majority of people are usually using the sea routes as a preferred shipping solution. However, a lot of them also prefer to take advantage of air cargo planes. This is the quickest way to transport a vehicle and it also offers you the chance to deliver other items with it as well.
In any case, if you are in need of any further information regarding this process, it’s highly advisable that you contact the Embassy of Spain which is located in Washington, DC. They are going to provide you with all the current and updated information.