Ship Your Car To Or From Bermuda.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Shipping a car to Bermuda generally costs between $1,200 and $3,400, depending on where in the U.S. you’re shipping from.
- There are duties that apply to outside vehicles brought into the country, so be sure to check current rates and factor that into the cost as well.
Driving in Bermuda is highly restricted, and so is the process of importing a vehicle. In Bermuda, only one person per household may own a car. Additionally, visitors to Bermuda are not permitted to rent a car or drive someone else’s car while they are in the country. The only people allowed to drive are people who live in Bermuda with a valid license. Despite this, there is little to no regulations on mopeds and scooters. In fact, those are the preferred method of travel in Bermuda, but if you do choose to import a car, there are some guidelines and rules that you will want to follow.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
According to the Motor Car Act of 1952, there are requirements that people must meet in order to import/export their vehicle into Bermuda. First, the car must be new or no more than six months old at the time of importation. The owner of the car must also have been the first owner of the vehicle.
Additionally, cars being imported/exported into Bermuda will need to meet the necessary physical conditions and specifications before being allowed entry into the country. The maximum length allowed is 175 inches; the maximum width allowed is 71 inches; the maximum engine capacity allowed is 2,500 cubic centimeters; the maximum power to weight ratio allowed is 10.5 kilograms per kilowatt.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before you begin the process of importation, alert the Bermudian authorities to the make and model of your vehicle. You will need to prove the car’s specification before entry.
Note: 1952 was the last time a major piece of legislation about car importation was instituted.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Bermuda.
Before you import your car, you will need to be sure to collect the following documents and send them to the proper authorities:
- A personal letter, detailing your reasons for importing a car.
- The manufacturer’s brochure or something else from the dealer that shows your car’s specs.
- Emissions certificate.
- Bill of sale.
- Certification of title.
- Overseas vehicle registration.
In order to qualify for a private motor vehicle license, the vehicle must fall into one of eight classifications ranging from Class A at up to 138” in length to Class H at up to 175” in length. No car can exceed 71” in height.
There are standard fees for initial registration of the vehicle, but for more information regarding tariffs, duties, and taxes, please visit Bermuda’s Customs Website.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory