Situated in the County of Lancashire, Liverpool is a large city and industrial town, contributing a lot to the economy of United Kingdom. Whether you are moving to the Liverpool permanently or temporarily and need the use of your personal automobile, importing it through the proper channels is the only legal method of transport.
Because of the legality surrounding this endeavor, the red-tape can be intimidating. However, following Road Vehicle Regulations 1986 and the Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989 protocol in a step-by-step method will see this endeavor through to its end as smoothly as possible.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are exemptions available when you import a motor vehicle to the United Kingdom and it must meet the eligibility requirement laid down by law. The requirements include:
- Moving to Liverpool on a permanent basis.
- When you re-import a vehicle that has been exported from UK.
- Temporarily importing the vehicle for a maximum of six months.
These requirements are determined by the amount of time expected in-country (temporary or permanent) and can be accessed through most local government websites. Permanent import requires stricter regulations than temporary. The best way to ensure your vehicle meets these specific requirements is to have it inspected. The resulting proof of inspection will come in handy down the line.
One of the biggest differences between temporary and permanent import come in the form of fees to be meted. These monetary requirements fall under the value added taxes (VAT) charged to those importing vehicles. In some cases, these taxes can be waived and one of the leading criterions for waiver is permanency of import. However, if waiver is not granted or your vehicle does not meet the criteria, you will be required to pay these taxes upon entry to the country. These fees are required and can be paid at the time of filing for necessary forms.
Importing vehicles internationally requires quite a bit of paperwork and anything missing or incorrectly filled in will result in major delays. By ensuring that all of the proper forms have been filed and cleared, importation of any vehicle will be a relatively smooth process. One of the most important forms to be filed is the “Notification of Vehicle Arrivals”. This form is filed with the HM Revenue and Customs department upon presentation of the required fee and vehicle. This ensures that all of the correct bureaucracies are notified in a timely matter of the impending arrival of any imported vehicle to the UK. As with most forms there is a list of documents that must be provided as proof of legality and ownership. These forms include but are not limited to:
- Title and Deed.
- Proof of Insurance.
- Safety Inspection Verification.
- Emission certificate.
- Valid ID, Driver’s License, Passport.
- Bill of Lading.
The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency is a point-of-contact that can help someone to cover all the bases when it comes to international import to the UK. They will have access to all of the necessary forms, documents, and fee schedules that one must know and use when importing their vehicle. To expedite the process and ensure that you successfully and legally can import your vehicle to the UK, this agency should be your first point-of-contact. They will be able to direct you through the rest of the process with ease.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?