Situated in north-western Germany, Bremen is an industrial and commercial center with a port on the scenic River Weser. Contributing to the economy and culture of Germany, Bremen is home to many expatriates. If you intend moving here for business or other reasons, being able to drive around your own vehicle can be an asset.
Though most people believe that importing a vehicle can be a complex procedure but when A1 auto Transport walks you through the processes, you don’t have to worry. With decades of expertise in shipping vehicles all over the world, including Germany, we understand the details. As the import-export law sin Germany is similar to those in USA, the process becomes easy.
There is a lot of information available about German import taxes and VAT so it is best to stay updated about the procedures and associated costs. Currently, there is a standard duty of 10% on the vehicle along with 20% VAT. Though it si cheaper to import motorcycles as there is 6% duty and VAT of 8%.
As Germany follows the EU regulations on imports, the emission standards are high and if you are importing a vehicle made in USA, chances are high that you will need to get the requisite modifications done in USA on the headlights, tires and emission control. But before that is done, you will not be able to import the vehicle. Additionally, there are restrictive zones that require a special sticker to ensure and drive through. With stringent vehicle inspections before the German Customs Administration clears it you have to have orange vests first aid kits and the special stickers in the car to ensure proper safety for the passengers.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Eligibility for tax exemptions.
Not everyone has to pay taxes on importing their vehicles as tax exemptions are available under some categories. These include:
- If you are renouncing US citizenship and moving to Germany to avail German citizenship
- If you are returning citizen, having spent over 12 months abroad
In addition there are many documents that have to be submitted and cleared by the Customs in advance of the vehicle delivery. From your driving license, passport, work permits, Bill of Lading and residential stay/visas, export permit everything has to be shown. Your vehicle title deed insurance certificates and registration documents are necessary for legalizing the shipment.
It would help to know about the driving rules and traffic regulations before you actually start driving in Bremen. If you have questions of queries about the vehicle shipment to Germany, it is best to contact A1 Auto Transport service or to know about the current laws and import regulations; Embassy of Germany might be able to assist you.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory