Ship Car To Alesund
Alesund is a sea port as well as a municipality and a town in the Romsdal County in Norway. It is also about 236 kilometers away from Bergen and it’s close to Geiranger and Hjorund.
There are quite a lot of working and studying opportunities in the city and that’s why a lot of expatriates and students look forward to staying here. Having your vehicle is definitely going to be of great advantage. There are a lot of things that you would need to take into account and the weather patterns are amongst them as well. The city is also known for its tourism and the country as a whole has efficient shipping laws.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Steps to get your car shipped.
Once the vehicle reaches the Alesund, it will be passed through Norway customs and driven to your location. As it is with any other international shipping, there are fees, taxes, and documents to be handled. Additionally, we offer a range of services, which includes:
- Terminal – to – Terminal Shipping – If you choose this method, you will need to drive your vehicle to the nearest terminal for boarding. Once your vehicle reaches Alesund, you will be there to collect the vehicle in person from the terminal.
- Door – to – Door shipping – With this method of shipping, your vehicle will be collected at your door and driven to the nearest port for boarding.
To legalize and validate the import, it is important to ensure that proper documentation is completed. You need to deliver the following documents to the U.S. Customs and Norway Customs:
- Documents for registration.
- Invoice of purchase.
- Lading bill.
- Insurance, residence permit and ownership proof.
Keep in mind that the external parts of the vehicle have to be removed. At the A1 Auto Transport shipping company, we have more than 20 years of international shipping experience. We understand all of the aspects and the laws and the regulations. We make sure that we get you speedy customs clearance but you have to get it steam cleaned and remove all of your belongings in advance in order to facilitate the process.
The majority of the people who decide to ship their cars to the country of Norway are going to choose one out of two shipping options and they are:
- RORO: this method requires your car to be driven on a special shipping deck which is then placed on a freight ship where the vehicle is secured and transported. It’s cheap and quick but your car is exposed to the elements throughout the entire time.
- Container shipping: this method requires you to place your vehicle inside a sealed container which is going to provide an additional layer of protection. You can also ship as many belongings as you can fit in it as well. That’s why it’s slower and more expensive.
When you arrive in the country you have to take care of the necessary payments, apply for the modifications if it’s necessary and get approval from the government and go ahead to apply for registration ID.
Driving in the country.
It is also highly advisable that you acquire the necessary knowledge about driving in the country. The road infrastructure of Norway is terrific but the weather conditions are rather extreme and some roads might be shut down throughout the window for safety reasons.