The largest city and the capital of Kyrgyz Republic, Bishkek is the hub of commerce and administration in Chuy Province.
If you are planning to ship a vehicle to Bishkek, it might be quite overwhelming and the first thing that you consider doing is to speak to a reputable transport service like our company, A1 Auto Transport service.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There is going to be plenty of paperwork and documents that you’d need to provide to the transportation company and to the customs. The majority of the roads in the country are paved but there are a lot of them which are covered with gravel and dirt. You can drive in the country throughout the entire year for the majority of vehicles but you might want to be careful during winter season as the roads would be covered with ice and heavy snow. Make sure that you hire A1 Auto Transport and prepare all of the documents if you need to transport your car in the fastest possible manner. The documents that you’ll need include:
- Driver’s license.
- Social Security Card.
- Title and Registration.
- Signed Power of Attorney if you are not present to pick it up.
- Insurance Policy.
Bishkek also has requirements which apply at Kyrgyzstan customs and in order to get clearance you are going to need to present:
- Copy of your visa and passport.
- Original Bill of Sale.
- Employment Letter.
- Customs Committee Letter.
- Pro-forma Invoice.
- Technical Passport including a de-registration check.
- Diplomat card if you are a diplomat.
When you are importing your personal vehicle into the country you would also have to consider paying a 3% entrance tax and a 0.15% monthly tax. If you plan on selling the vehicle in the country you are going to make sure that you’ve paid the taxes in full. You can import a car permanently but you are going to be required to pay all of the taxes in full. If you are in need of any further information you could consider contacting the Embassy of Kyrgyzstan in Washington, DC. You can also contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency for any further relevant information.
Prior to leaving the port.
Before your car is loaded at the port of exit you would need to ensure that you’ve been given the final quote by A1 Auto Transport service. This would allow you to know how much money you need for the entire process. The agent you work with is going to help you prepare the vehicle for shipping by taking out all of the personal belongings from the car and taking care of other necessities as well. He would also let you know if you are missing on any particular documentation. If you won’t be able to get your car driven to the port the agent would also take care of that as well. You can also arrange a door-to-door service but it’s going to cost you a bit more money.
You can choose between three shipping methods and you need to decide which one of them is the best one for you. Kyrgyzstan is a land-locked country and it has no ports so you have to transport it to the nearest one and get the car delivered to the country from there. The shipping methods in front of you are:
- Ro-Ro Shipping – this entails that your car is driven on a shipping carrier on its own wheels and fastened at the deck. You won’t be able to transport any personal belongings of any kind and your vehicle will be exposed to the elements throughout the whole time. This is the fastest and cheapest way to go.
- Container Shipping – this is a more appropriate way to go if you are willing to spend a bit more money. You are going to be allowed to store additional belongings as your car would be transported in a private container. You can also share the container with another person to cut the costs in half.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory