One of the larger cities of United Kingdom, Manchester is one of the metropolitan boroughs. It is surrounded by Pennines and Cheshire Plains. Basically an industrial city, most people move here for work and education.
If you are going to be here for a couple of months or intend staying here for a few years, having your own vehicle is necessary. You cannot always depend upon public transport to travel round the city.
With friendly and amicable relations between USA and United Kingdom, importing your vehicle is going to go smoothly if you work with A1 Auto Transport service. With over two decades of experience in international shipping of vehicles, we have a strong network of shipping agents to assist our customers.
It is comparatively easier to ship vehicles to Manchester as there are no language barriers, while all regulations are in place and followed completely.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
United Kingdom Auto import regulations.
There are specific rules laid down for vehicle imports to United Kingdom and the eligibility criterion is mentioned in Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989. You need to put in a notification application to inform the HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) about bringing in the vehicle to Manchester.
There is a lot of stress on adherence to safety and emissions control, as in the U.S so that isn’t something new for you. You can get more details about it a per the Individual Vehicle Approval scheme. Though there are plenty of taxes that have to be paid, it is essential to know about the eligibility criterion for tax exemptions. These factors include:
- Permanently moving to United Kingdom.
- Temporarily staying in Manchester, UK.
- Again importing a vehicle that was exported from UK.
In case you do not qualify for any of these, you will need to pay all of the applicable taxes, including Value Added Tax (VAT). As with any import, you need to submit a lot of documents that makes the whole import process legal and verified.
- Bill of Lading.
- Title deed.
- Purchase invoice with details of the vehicle.
- Insurance papers.
- Standard emission certificate.
- Safety and roadworthiness certificate.
- Proof of ownership- passport/license.
The above listed documents are to be submitted when the vehicle leaves the US port and at the Port of Leeds, at least 7 days before the vehicle arrives here. There are two ways of transporting your vehicle to Manchester. These include:
This is the acronym for Roll-On/Roll-Off which is the cheapest way because you are only paying for the space that your vehicle uses on the ship’s deck. However, there are various limitations and restrictions that have to be followed for safe shipment of the vehicle. These include:
- Removal of all personal items and non-permanent car accessories.
- Disable all car alarms.
- Leave 1/4th tank of fuel.
- Remove air conditioning gas.
Apart from this, the vehicle is harnessed in the bay and is vulnerable to the ravages of the weather during transit. Thus, if you have an expensive vehicle, then choose the other method.
This is a large container of 20 feet or 40 feet in dimension and is sealed after the vehicle and other goods are put within it. This protects the goods and vehicle better.
It is important to get the insurance and have the vehicle registered at the earliest because you will not be able to drive it in Manchester till then. Thus, you need to contact the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency for filing the “Vehicle Import Pack”.
To get more information about the requirement, procedures and other details, contact the Embassy of United Kingdom.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?