Beirut, capital and largest city of Lebanon, plays an important role in Lebanese economy. The National Government is located in this city along with many major banks and corporations in areas of Ashrafieh, Rue Verdun and Hamra Street. After the disastrous Lebanese Civil War, city’s cultural landscape witnessed a major change. Being known for its world-class advertising, accountancy, law, banking and finance, Beirut is called as Beta World City by Globalization and World Cities Research Network.
Importing your vehicle into Lebanon can be a taxing endeavor. However by doing proper research before the time and by hiring well established auto transport service such as A1 Auto Transport service and this experience will become less stressful.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing Your Vehicle to Lebanon.
There are few options of importing your vehicle which you must consider first. Firstly, determine the duration of the period of your vehicle staying in Lebanon. That is because, if you wish to re-export within 6 months, you can have your way out without paying custom taxes and duties. You can contact Embassy of Lebanon for more details.
This is a temporary import. If you want your vehicle to remain in this country for more than 6 months, then you need to follow the procedure given below for a permanent import. The documents required are:
- Bill of Lading.
- Commercial Invoice.
- Proof of Current Registration/Ownership.
- Passport (or other document identifying of importer)
You are required to pay ‘Single Customs Duty’, that is a custom duty calculated on the basis of the worth of the vehicle. If the vehicle’s value is more than 20 million LBP, you will own a duty around 50% of vehicle’s worth. If it is less than 20 million LBP, your duty will be flat 5,000,000 LBP. You may also be liable for local consumption duty. Moreover, along with custom duties, VAT (Value added tax) of 10% also shall be imposed.
The values used to see how much you own will be determined on the CIF total, i.e. Cost + Insurance + Freight. So ensure that you keep all the pertinent documents related to importing handy all of the times. Lebanon also has a policy not to allow vehicles who age over 8 years through importing. And currently it is legislation to make that age limit deduce down to 5 years. Make a point to browse Lebanon Customs thoroughly before making any arrangements regarding shipping of the vehicle so that all your documents are valid and the vehicle qualifies. The main methods of exporting vehicle to foreign country are:
- Containerized shipping: Here the vehicle will be enclosed in 20ft-40ft of container till the destined port. And it would be hoisted on and off the ship at the port by a crane.
- Roll-on/Roll-off (RORO): In this method the vehicle is exposed during transportation, though it is attached securely. In the port, it is driven off and on the ship with a ramp. It is necessary that your vehicle must have ¼ gas in the tank for minor maneuvers. Also it must be not contain any personal items apart from usual spare tire and jack.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?