A scenic settlement on the Aruba Island, Arasji is populated area and extremely popular with tourists. If you are moving to Aruba, having your own vehicle is of advantage. But if you are unfamiliar with the legal procedures and documentation, it can be intimidating unless you work with an experienced shipping service like A1 Auto Transport service. We understand the processes as we ship worldwide and are one of the trusted shipping services. With clear understanding of the import policies in Aruba, we can guide you through the import procedures that start with sending a Letter Of Intent to ship to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. After the custom clearances are given at the U.S port, your vehicle uses either container shipping or RORO method to ship to Arasji.
We advise that if you prefer RORO it is best to strip the vehicle of all personal belongings, clean and fumigate the vehicle before you ship as it will hasten the process of delivery and avoid quarantine in Aruba. As Aruba’s Custom’s department accounts for everything kept within the vehicle, if you fail to declare any of the goods, you will be penalized. However if need additional security and want the vehicle to be protected from tropical rainfall and winds, you can opt for the more expensive container shipping. The vehicle and other personal items are put within a large container usually measuring 20 feet or 40 feet and then secured.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Tariff and taxes on imports.
The custom duty on imported items including vehicles is basic 12% and depending upon the cost of the vehicle, method of shipment and freight charges, additional taxes are levied at the destination port of Oranjestad. However, there are certain exemptions that can be availed depending upon:
- Submit proof of residency and register.
- Agree to be counted in the census of the country.
- Vehicle title deed (original and copies)
- Vehicle insurance showing usage before import.
- Own the vehicle for minimum of 6 months.
To get exempted from paying the duty on the import, the process starts by filling in the request form at the Custom Department. We can help you get the details filled out and submit it to the relevant authorities. Apart from the above mentioned documents, there is additional paperwork that needs to be submitted. These are:
- Copy of passport/identification card.
- Bill of Lading -3 copies.
- Census 0ffice of Aruba’s proof of registration- 3 copies .
- Certificate of Foreign vehicle registration.
- Vehicle title.
- Roadworthiness Inspection certificate.
- Bill of sale – 3 copies.
- Insurance policy and certificate.
These documents and paperwork is given to the Customs department and if your appeal for exemption is denied, you can re-apply within 1 month. There are other details about laws and regulations that you might want to know before you ship your vehicle. Contact the Embassy of Aruba and get all the details.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?