The panoramic town of Ayr in Scotland is situated on the coast of Ayrshire, a historically rich County township. It is the most populous cities in Scotland and is the administrative hub pf the Southern Ayrshire council.
If you are a citizen returning to Ayr or if you are coming to Ayr as a student, you will find many opportunities for you. While staying there, you may want to bring your own vehicle with you so you can drive whenever and wherever you want to. Importing a vehicle can take time so you will want to hire A1 Auto Transport service to do it for you. Scotland is part of the United Kingdom so all laws that apply to the UK will apply to Scotland when it comes to importing your vehicle. There are two main regulations that govern the imports which are Road Vehicle Regulations of 1986 and Vehicle Lighting Regulations of 1989.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Scotland has strict laws that involve the environment and safety clauses of the UK. Imports must also be approved per current individual vehicle approval scheme. There are fees that will need to be paid before importing can be complete. A1 Auto Transport Service knows the requirements that Scotland has. The VAT will be charged to imports. This tax on your vehicle will need to be paid before your import will be complete. The VAT is determined by the size engine of your vehicle, the emissions as well as the parameters. There are exemptions to paying VAT and those exemptions include:
- Importing a vehicle that is less than six months.
- Importing a vehicle that was exported from Scotland, to begin with.
- If you are moving to Ayr permanently.
If you want to know if you are exempt of paying taxes, you will need to fill out the necessary forms and submit it along with the required information to the HM Revenue and Customs. They will let you know if you qualify. If you want to ship a vehicle from the United States and that vehicle is over ten years old, you will need to follow the laws set forth by the Department of Transport and fill in the import pack for vehicles. There are a different set of rules for vehicles that are over 10 years of age.
Documents you Will Need.
Importing your vehicle will require that you have the right documentation in order to provide proof. You will need to let the HM Revenue and Customs know that you are importing and in order to do that you will need to follow the NOVA, or Notification of Vehicle Arrivals. You will also need to obtain the Certificate of Mutual Recognition. If you plan to move here, your vehicle will be considered part of your household goods and you will not need to pay the VAT. In order to be exempt, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You will permanently move to Ayr.
- You have been living in the United States for at least one year.
- You are the owner of the vehicle and have been for at least six months.
- There are no liens or taxes owed on the vehicle.
- You don’t intend on selling the vehicle for at least one year after you move to Ayr.
You will need to provide a title to the vehicle, a copy of your driver’s license, and proof of insurance on the automobile. To learn more about importing to Scotland, you can contact the Embassy of United Kingdom or contact A1 Auto Transport Service.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory