Information you need before shipping your car from the United States to Angola.
Shipping A Car To Angola.
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Using a container, it can be as inexpensive as $1,500 to ship a vehicle to Angola and other parts of South Africa.
- Other methods can cost upwards of $3,000, depending on the method and type of car. It should be noted that Angola, like most other countries, has additional costs associated with importing a vehicle.
You may never have heard the terms ‘door-to-port’ and ‘roll-on/roll-off’ before, but they are very important terms to understand if you’re thinking about shipping your vehicle from the U.S. to Angola.
Door-to-port refers to a service provided by an international shipping company that you would contract with for shipping/exporting. Included in that service would be the retrieval of your vehicle right from the location where you live, literally from your doorstep. The vehicle would then be transported via truck to the port of departure in the U.S. If you choose not to incur the expense of this service, you would have the option of driving the vehicle to the departure port yourself.
Roll-on/Roll-off (RORO) refers to one of the two main shipping/exporting methods used to transport vehicles internationally, the other being containerized shipping. With RORO shipping, a vehicle is driven onto the ship and lashed securely to the deck for transport overseas. You are charged for space the vehicle occupies on deck, and this is generally much less than in a container.
When a vehicle is shipped via container, it will be hoisted onboard the ship via crane in a container that will be either 20-ft long or 40-ft long. This allows for a more sheltered passage through the ocean, so you will pay a little more for it.
If you are one of those people who worry a lot about your car, you may want to consider purchasing extra insurance to cover its passage. This will often amount to some percentage of the car’s total value, but it may be worth it to know that your vehicle is covered in the event of any unforeseen incidents.
If you are shipping/importing an especially expensive car, this is even more important and probably more worthwhile. While it is true that any kind of shipboard damage is rare during overseas shipping/importing, it is not unheard of.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Popular Shipping Destinations.
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Angola.
What to expect about Regulations.
There will, of course, be rules and regulations which must be observed at both ends of the journey, since two different countries are involved.
- On the American side, you should be prepared with a bill of sale which clearly identifies you as the owner of the vehicle, as well as a title that is clear of all liens.
- If your vehicle still has a lien on it, you must have a notarized document from the lienholder affirming their approval to export the car from this country.
- U.S. Customs will require a driver license, registration, proof of insurance, and a fee for customs clearance, and the agency must be notified well in advance of your intended shipping date.
- There will be port handling charges at both departure port and destination port which can be accurately estimated by your international shipper.
Customs in Angola will likely be through one of the two main ports, Luanda or Lobito, and your international carrier will be familiar with what is necessary to clear Angolan Customs. For the precise rules and regulations, the Angola Embassy in the U.S. can be contacted, and they will provide whatever information is needed.
The U.S. is a huge trading partner with Angola, so the two countries have relatively amicable relations, but it is still best to have all details accounted for well in advance, so as to avoid any unnecessary hang-ups. This will only cause delays in reclaiming your vehicle while it sits in port.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Angola.
- Passport & visa.
- Bill of lading.
- Freight invoice.
- Inventory value document.
- CNCS certificate.
- Pre-shipment inspection.
Related Information & FAQs.
- How to safely ship a car from the USA to Angola
- How much does it cost to ship a car to Angola?
- Learn about shipping a car to Angola from the USA
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory