The capital of Belize, Belmopan is located in Cayo District, about 80 km from the Belize River. An industrial and commercial center, it is a bustling town that has seen rapid commercialization over the years. If you have to move to Belmopan for work, as a diplomat or a returning citizen, chances are high that you need to have your vehicle with you. However, shipping to Belize is easier as it has plenty of ports.
However, it is extremely difficult to complete the process of transporting your vehicle on your own as there are complex procedures to complete and documents that have to be submitted. That is why it is essential to have a reputed shipping service like A1 Auto Transport Company working on your behalf. Apart from understanding the legal requirements in Belize, we understand that it makes a difference when a car or vehicle is shipped by a company that the Belize Customs Department trusts. Additionally the custom duties are high and calculated on the basis of the vehicle’s value. Thus, you might like to know more about the calculation of custom duties in Belize.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation required to ship to Belmopan.
With every import there are numerous documents that have to be submitted at the U.S port from where you are shipping and at the Port of Belize. These are essential documents that trace ownership and have to be verified before you can pay the custom duties and other levies. Some of these are:
- Passport and photo ID.
- vehicle documentation showing VIN, year, make, model, serial number.
- License plate registration.
- Original bill of car purchase.
- Bill of Lading.
- Clear Title Deed.
- Insurance certification.
Shipping details and methods to consider.
There are two ways of shipping your vehicle. One is to opt for door-to-door service wherein the shipping service will collect the car from your doorstep and transport it to the local US port and then complete the custom clearances and other import formalities at Belmopan, if you authorize us to do that. And after that we will deliver the vehicle to your doorstep in Belize. However, this is done for an extra fee. If you are interested in driving down to the local port and then be at Belmopan to collect your car, it will be slightly cheaper.
This is the reason that you need to discuss the ways to transport your vehicle in freight shipping, using RORO method or transport it overseas using container shipping. Container shipping offers higher security and protection during transit as your car and other household goods can be sealed within a 20 feet or 40 feet container. While in the Roll-on/Roll-Off method, your vehicle is driven on the deck, harnessed and secured and then off the ship when it reaches the Port of Belize. You only have to pay for the space the car occupied during transit but there are some limitations. Ensuring that you adhere to the basic requirements when you ship by RORO will avoid delays at Belize. When you ship by RORO, you have to adhere to:
- Cannot keep anything person or car accessories inside the car.
- Limit the fuel to 1/4th tank.
- Remove air conditioning gas.
- Steam clean the vehicle from inside.
- Keep inside a spare set of keys, floor mats, jack and spare tire.
It is important to check the shipping schedules of the US ports before you ship and A1 Auto Transport service would be able to assist you with the other details. However, if you need additional information, connect with the Embassy of Belize.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?