If you are visiting Romania, you may want to visit Arad, which is the capital of the Arad County within the Crişana region. It is situated on the banks of the Mureș River. The city is a hub of transportation ad industry and that is one of the reasons for many expatriates and foreign workers are calling it home.
In case you are planning to move to Arad, you will want to bring your personal vehicle with you so you can commute to the city and back anytime you please.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When preparing for an import, there is lots of paperwork that you will be responsible for. Paperwork will need to be submitted to the U.S Customs and Border Protection as well as the Romanian Customs Department. You will need to provide the following documentation:
- Bill of Lading.
- Vehicle registration from the United States.
- Purchase invoice – when you bought your car.
- Your work or resident permit for Romania.
- A clear vehicle title.
- Your passport.
- Proof of insurance on your vehicle.
There may be a few restrictions as well as limitations, when it comes to importing your vehicle to Arad. You will want to hire A1 Auto Transport Service to handle the import for you. A1 Auto Transport Service will be able to provide guidance throughout the importing process from determining how much tax and duty you will pay to preparing your car for transport. You will need to provide proof that you have owned the vehicle for at least six months in the United States before you import it.
Importing a vehicle requires adhering to a host of regulations. You will need to pay a minimum import duty of 17% in addition to 24% VAT. The exact amount will be calculated on the basis of the vehicle’s evaluated value. Thus, the more expensive your vehicle is the higher the insurance will be, to ship it. Another factor that will determine how much you pay is the shipping method you choose.
The Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method is the most affordable way to ship a vehicle. You cannot have any personal belongings inside the vehicle during transport. Once your vehicle is rolled onto the ship, it will be parked inside of a bay on the deck and secured while being transported. You will need to remove the gas from your air conditioner and you will need to spray clean the vehicle or else they will quarantine it once it reaches the Romanian port. The only items allowed in the vehicle during a RORO transport are the floor mats, a jack, and spare keys.
Container shipping is another shipping option offered for importing. If you want to ship personal items along with your car then this is the shipping method to choose. You will be able to choose from two different sized containers; 20 and 40 foot containers. This method of shipping is more expensive than the Roll On/ Roll Off.
For current information on the laws and regulations pertaining to importing vehicles to Romania, contact the Romanian Consulate.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?