Caguas is one of the larger cities of Puerto Rico. It is situated in the central mountains, just 20 miles south of San Juan and Trujillo Alto. It is also west of Guarabo and San Lorenzo and east of Cidra, Aguas Buenas, , and Cayey.
If you want to transport a vehicle from the United States to Puerto Rico, you will need to make sure that you have all the necessary documents together to submit with your importation application. You will also need the documentation to prove that the vehicle is yours when you go to pick it up. You will want to ship to the port in Guaynabo from the United States.
There are many things you can do and see while in Caguas. The most popular sport is all types of water sports. There are also museums as well as coliseums to visit. Because the climate is mild and somewhat tropical, it’s the ideal place to visit, work, or go to school. Caguas is also a damp place due to the significant rainfall over the year. When driving your vehicle, you must always be aware of the road conditions as it doesn’t take a lot to flood.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping Methods Available.
Since Puerto Rico is not an incorporated part of the United States, duties are not charged. There will be a tax on auto imports that you will need to pay in order to import your vehicle. There are three different shipping methods that you can choose from. These three include air shipping, container shipping, and Roll On/Roll-Off shipping.
- Air Shipping: The most expensive way to ship your vehicle but it is the fastest. This method of shipping would be good for those who have a luxury vehicle or in a hurry to get their vehicle.
- Container Shipping: This option is the second most expensive way to ship however, it is a great option if you want to ship your household goods with your vehicle or if you have a vehicle that you don’t want exposing to the salty sea air during transit. The container comes in two convenient sizes; 20 foot and 40 foot. You may also want to share the container with someone to split the cost.
- Roll On/ Roll Off Shipping: This is the most affordable way to ship a car. Your vehicle will be driven onto the deck of the ship where it is secured for the trip. You will need to prepare your vehicle for this type of shipment and only leave a car jack, a spare tire, and your floor mats in the vehicle.
Documents you Will Need to Import to Puerto Rico.
To ensure that the import is valid, it is important that all the documents are in place and are valid. It will undergo scrutiny by the Puerto Rican government and that is why you will need the following documentation to import your vehicle:
- Vehicle title: Make sure that both the front and back of the title is filled out and if it is released to you, it must be accompanied with a notarized letter from the financial institution that held it.
- Your driver’s license: Make some copies of your driver’s license to send in with your application for import.
- Vehicle Value: Your vehicle will need to be appraised before a value can be placed on it. The value of the vehicle, the weight of it, the size, and the year will determine the import tax you will pay.
Other documents include:
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance policy on the vehicle.
- Power of Attorney (if the owner isn’t able to receive the vehicle).
- Import forms.
When all the paperwork is done, you will be contacted by A1 Auto Transport, beforehand to set up your shipping date and make prior arrangements to ensure that you will not be delayed in your shipping. We are always available to discuss your custom requirements for shipping your vehicle to Caguas in Puerto Rico.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?