- Car Shipping Albania
- Ship Your Car To Or From Albania
- Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Albania Cost & Time Examples For Shipping A Car
- Popular Shipping Destinations
- Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Albania
- Necessary Steps To Take Before Transporting Your Car
- Required Documents For Shipping A Car To Albania
- Automobile Transportation Methods To Albania
- Upon Arrival In Albania
- Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Albania
- How Should I Have My Heavy Equipment Shipped Overseas?
- Other Services
- Related Information & Faqs
Car Shipping Albania
Ship Your Car To Or From Albania
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Transporting a two or four door car to Albania from the U.S. will cost between $1,300 and $4,400.
- The most cost-effective method is to use a container, which can also be filled with other personal items.
Albania does have a tariff of 15-20% on all imports, which includes vehicles.
Albania Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Durres||$350||$3,400||5+58 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Durres||$400||$2,800||5+42 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Durres||$450||$3,400||5+58 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Durres||$550||$3,400||6+58 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Durres||$575||$2,800||6+42 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Durres||$675||$2,800||6+42 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Durres||$775||$3,400||7+58 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Durres||$800||$2,800||6+42 days|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Durres||$925||$2,800||7+42 days|
|Houston, TX to (California port) to Durres||$1,125||$3,400||8+58 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
When importing a vehicle to Albania, certain requirements and specifications must be met in order for a successful transaction to occur. As is commonplace with shipments to any other country, there is paperwork to be filled out, documents to send in, and fees to be taken care of. For more information regarding the costs acquired by shipping a car overseas, be sure to thoroughly read this article on the matter.
It is also important to take into account the weather conditions of the country. Albania has a climate that can best be described as mild and temperate. The winters are cool, cloudy, and wet. The summers are hot, clear, and dry. Try to avoid the wet summer months when transporting goods to Albania.
As always, it would be beneficial to gain knowledge regarding the weather patterns of the country to understand any shipping/exporting delays that may occur. It is feasible to travel and import goods year-round to Albania, especially considering that the coastline, where your car will be transported, features a mild climate.
It is easy to navigate through and have positive relations with a country like Albania, which has quickly improved its living standards upon breaking free from communism and the USSR.
Albania is benefitting from a steady increase of tourism, so their customs and laws regarding moving and shipping/exporting into the country are strong and efficient.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Albania.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Necessary Steps To Take Before Transporting Your Car
In preparing to ship a vehicle to Albania, certain paperwork must be taken care of.
Required Documents For Shipping A Car To Albania.
- Registration from country of origin.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Proof of ownership.
- Residence permit.
Visit the Albania Customs Page for more information regarding this matter. Be sure to reference this page to better understand any limitations and/or restrictions you may face upon moving or transporting goods such as automobiles to Albania.
Keep in mind that the banks in Albania are closed on both Saturdays and Sundays.
Any external or non-permanent parts of your automobile should be removed prior to shipment, as they may cause problems during a long delivery process. Many companies will also ask you to completely clean out the inside of the vehicle; this is especially true if you choose to use a RoRo transport service (more on that soon).
Furthermore, be sure to steam-clean the inside of your vehicle prior to departure so that your vehicle will not be quarantined before being shipped. This will speed up the delivery process, as the shipping company you choose will not have to move your vehicle to a quarantine facility, a cleaning facility, and back to the shipping facility. Bypassing these lengthy procedures will ensure a faster delivery process, and provide a smaller chance of damage to your vehicle.
Be sure to remove all air-conditioning gases from your vehicle as well.
If you are unsure about the eligibility of your vehicle’s shipping status, refer to Title 19 of the U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations.
Automobile Transportation Methods To Albania.
- Roll On/Roll Off (Ro-Ro) Shipping: This is the most common method of transportation that the majority of customers choose to transport their vehicles. This is a method of sea shipping where vehicles are driven on and off carrier ships using their own wheels. Ro-Ro sea vessels are equipped with ramps that aid in the process of driving vehicles on and off the ship. Essentially, it is a method of shipping that is best for any item that has wheels or can be safely placed on and off wheels. It is the most convenient and cost-effective way of getting your vehicle to Albania.
- Container Car Shipping: This is a popular shipping/exporting method choice for those who want to send some of their personal items along with their cars to Albania. The vehicle is either collected at one’s home or is delivered to a depot. Depending on whichever price point is more desirable, customers can choose private containers, which usually run 20ft or 40ft in size, and use the leftover space to pack personal items in, or customers may choose to share containers with someone else’s vehicle. This is a slightly more expensive method, as more safety checkpoints and procedures must be met.
- Car Transportation: This is a land-based and land-locked method of shipping, so it generally takes the greatest amount of time. Cars are insured and routinely inspected throughout the trip, but they must wait for a pending shipping date to Albania before they begin their journey.
Keep in mind, the vehicle must somehow be transported to a U.S. shipping port before it can begin preparations for shipment to another country like Albania. In certain cases, you may be allowed to drive your vehicle to a local port; this will help you cut back on any further expenses.
Upon Arrival In Albania
Once you arrive at your final destination, there are certain procedures that need to be taken care of regarding the safe arrival of your vehicle into the country.
- Pay the appropriate customs duty as well as all taxes and fees associated with the shipment.
- Have modifications applied and tested if necessary.
- Apply for identification plate registration and approval with the Bangladeshi government.
Once you arrive, it would certainly be in your favor to acquire more information regarding driving rules and regulations in Albania.
- Driving in Albania: You’ll want to know what the traffic and driving rules of Albania are as quickly as possible. The roads are not well maintained. Roads are dimly lit, or not lit at all, and potholes are quite commonly encountered. Pedestrians often jaywalk. Furthermore, you might need to outfit your car with winter tires in order to drive through the snow, ice, and sleet safely. This is especially true if you will be moving to the mountainous northern region of the country.
- It has also been said that Albanian drivers can get quite aggressive. Be sure to keep this in mind and keep your road rage in check while driving through the country.
Any further questions and concerns you may have can be directed to the U.S. Embassy in Albania.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Albania
The process of shipping heavy equipment and oversized cargo overseas isn’t a job that can be accomplished by just anyone. It takes knowledge of foreign import policies, experience, and all of the right equipment to make the delivery happen. So if you’re in need of professional shipping services so that you can ship your cargo from the U.S. to Albania, A1 Auto Transport has you covered.
The size and weight of your cargo are two of the biggest deciding factors on the overall price you’ll pay for shipping heavy equipment. Not all cargo deemed as oversized or as heavy equipment fits into specific dimensions and in some cases, you may need to remove parts or disassemble the piece of equipment to ensure it is shipped safely. Nevertheless, there isn’t much we can’t ship. Here are some examples of the heavy equipment we have shipped before…
- Farm Equipment including tractors, balers, harvesters, backhoes, etc.
- Construction Equipment including bulldozers, forklifts, dumpers, rockbreakers, etc.
- Mining Equipment including loaders, excavators, haulers, etc.
- Paving Equipment including pavers, planers, compactors, graders, reclaimers, etc.
- Agricultural Equipment including tractors, combine harvesters, plows, spreaders, drills, mowers, planers, etc.
Of course, the list of heavy equipment and oversized cargo we’re able to ship doesn’t end there. If you are uncertain if the heavy equipment you need to have sent to Albania is capable to being transported, just give us a call. We’re certain we can be of assistance.
How Should I Have My Heavy Equipment Shipped Overseas?
Through A1, you’ll have several shipping options. The options available to you will heavily rely on the size and weight of your cargo. Some of these options are also more expensive than others due to the added protection and security they provide. However, one of our professionals will be available to help you decide which transport method is best for your circumstances. Here is what we have to offer in heavy equipment shipping options…
- Lift On/Lift Off is also referred to as LoLo shipping and is one of the most common forms of transport. This method safely lifts your cargo using a crane to put it on and take it off of the ship.
- Roll On/Roll Off is also known as RoRo Shipping. This is the most inexpensive way to transport heavy equipment or oversized cargo overseas. For this shipping method, your equipment or large vehicle must roll onto and off of the ship using a ramp.
- Flat Rack shipping is also a common form of international transport that is highly preferred. Your heavy cargo will be secured to a flat rack or metal frame and then placed on the back of the ship. In case of inclement weather, your cargo may be protected with shrink wrap.
- Container shipping isn’t available for most oversized cargo unless it can fit into a 40ft container. This is the most expensive and secure form of shipping we have available. It will protect your cargo from outdoor elements and criminal activity.