Al Khor is a major city in Qatar and is located about 37 miles from Doha. A bustling city with modern architecture, it is a port and center of trade.
When you move to this city, it helps to have your personal vehicle with you as the roads are good and you don’t need to depend on public transport.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When you are importing a vehicle to Al Khor, it is essential to meet all the requirements and submit the requisite documentation. Before you ship the vehicle from USA, there are some considerations that need to be focused upon. These include:
- Weather: Qatar has humid and hot summers while the winters are cool. Thus, the best time to ship your vehicle is during May to October although you need to discuss it with A1 Auto Transport service about potential shipment.
- Cost of shipping: This is an important aspect of export/import of the vehicle. Get a written quote and consider all aspects of freight, insurance and various taxes that have to be paid.
Before shipping the car.
You need to ensure that the complete documentation is complete before the vehicle is shipped. This includes:
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Title deed and registration documents.
- Residence/work permit.
- Proof of ownership.
As per the laws laid down by Qatar Customs Department, it is important to adhere to all restrictions and eligibility criteria so that there is no delay in delivery of the vehicle. It is essential to get your vehicle steam cleaned so that it is not quarantined at the port. The air conditioning gas has to be completely removed and any non-permanent part or accessory will have to be removed so that during transit there is no damage to the vehicle if there is high movement in the seas.
Shipping mode and options.
You might like to discuss the details of the shipment with A1 Auto Transport Company as we have been in business for over 20 years and have shipped thousands of vehicles worldwide. We recommend these two methods for moving your vehicle to Qatar.
Sealed container shipment.
You have the option of hiring a 20 feet or 40 feet container. You can put both your vehicle and household goods alongside to ship together. Additionally, this is a better option if you are just shipping a luxury vehicle as it is safer and more secure than RORO.
This is the cheapest way to freight ship your vehicle to Al Khor. The vehicles are driven on the ship using their own wheels and then harnessed in place. Then when it reaches the port of Al Khor, it is driven off and Custom clearances are sought. Additionally, it is important that the vehicle is registered within a specific time period and local Qatar insurance bought for the vehicle.
For clarifications on your queries, and to know more about the nuances of shipping to Al Khor in Qatar, contact the Embassy of Qatar today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?