Ship Car To Bihac
This is a city which is located on the banks of the River Una and it’s in the northwestern region of the country.
Before you export your vehicle to the town, you would have to make sure that all the preparations are being taken care of in order to get the car from the first port to the destination port.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Overseas transport from the USA.
There are quite a lot of documents that would have to be taken care of in order to get the process through. There are various regulations set forth by the Bosnian Customs that have to be abided by and different taxes, levies and duties that you’d have to pay. The main ports of Bosnia are Mostar, Banja Luka, Zenica and Tuzla. The vehicles are going to be subjected to a mandatory inspection prior to being loaded. Some of the aspects that you would have to consider include:
- Remove or retract all of the antennas.
- Remove electrical devices like CD players.
- Close all the windows and doors and leave nothing but a spare tire, car jack, floor mats and a spare set of keys.
- No other belongings are allowed while shipping.
- All alarms are disabled.
These are some of the pre-requisites to ensure that there are no chances of damage or theft to the vehicle that you are importing. You are allowed to bring the vehicle duty free if you have driven the vehicle in USA for a minimum of six months but it is important to know that nay vehicle over the age of 7 years is not allowed for import to Bosnia. Find more information with the Embassy of Bosnia and know more about the latest laws.
In order to get your car shipped successfully, you would have to provide the following documents:
- Title deed clear.
- Certificate of Registration.
- Licenses for ownership.
- 21% daily rate upon verifying the paperwork.
You also have to be there at the docks to pick your car up when it arrives. Keep in mind that owners of second-hand cars are exempt from the duty report in case they’ve driven the car for at least six months in advance. There are duty rates between 0% and 15%. There is also a VAT of 17% which is levied on the CIF value of the vehicle.
Methods of Shipping.
There are two options for you to pick from:
- RORO –Roll-on/Roll-Off is an option is appropriate if you have no personal belongings and you don’t have issues with your car being exposed to the elements throughout the shipping. You should, however, know that this is the cheapest and by far the fastest water-based transport.
- Container shipping – this would require you to pick between a 20ft and 40ft container that’s capable of being filled up with all sorts of belongings. It also makes the process a bit slower than the previous one and it’s definitely more expensive.
When you arrive.
Once the car has arrived, you would have to handle filing the application for your registration plates. It is important to submit the duties and taxes receipts because when you get your vehicle registered, these will be needed. It is good to know the traffic rules and regulations on how to drive in the country.