Ship Your Car To Or From Belgium
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- It costs between $1,300 and $3,200 to transport a car to Belgium from the U.S. (prices based on standard sized vehicles).
- Most vehicle shipments to Belgium are either done in container or by RORO (roll on, roll off) on a transport ship and costs can vary based on season and availability.
As part of the European Union, Belgium has entered into a common trade agreement with all the other countries within the EU. That being said, importing cars from one of these other EU countries into Belgium is less regulated and less expensive than importing from a non-EU country. Regardless of where the imported car comes from, there are a few things you will need to recognize before importing/exporting into Belgium.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Importing from Outside the European Union
Unfortunately, when importing a car from countries that fall outside the purview of the European Union, you will often find it to be a lengthier process. For that reason, many people choose not to do so. However, if you do choose to import your vehicle, there are some things you need to know.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
First off, if you import your vehicle for personal reasons or as part of a household item, then you may find that you are exempt from certain customs duties and the VAT. However, these exemptions are only valid under the following conditions:
- The owner must have lived outside of the EU for at least twelve consecutive months preceding the importation of the vehicle
- The car must have been purchased outside the EU and have been driven for at least six months prior to arrival in Belgium
- The owner must have already paid the VAT or equivalent prior to the car’s entrance into Belgium
- The owner must keep the vehicle for at least twelve months following import.
Note: All of these conditions must be met in order to have the possibility of exemption from duties and taxes.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Belgium
In order to clear customs with your vehicle, you must have the following documents upon arrival:
- Letter requesting exemption from duties and taxes
- The bill of sale for the vehicle
- The title for the vehicle
- Receipt or proof of payment for the VAT or its equivalent
- Receipt of insurance for six months prior to import
- Proof of residency outside the EU for at least twelve months prior to import
- Shipping document for personal items
Note: If the vehicle does not meet the requirements for import duty exemption, the owner will be liable for any duties and VATs in accordance with the market value of the car.
Once your car is imported/exported into Belgium, it will need to be officially registered with the Belgian authorities. This can be a lengthy process, but it is necessary to complete it within six months of the importation of your vehicle. It must be completed after you have received customs clearance. For more information, please visit AngloInfo.com.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!