Ship Your Car To Or From Belgium
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- It costs between $1,300 and $3,200 to transport a car to Belgium from the U.S. (prices based on standard sized vehicles).
- Most vehicle shipments to Belgium are either done in container or by RORO (roll on, roll off) on a transport ship and costs can vary based on season and availability.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Belgium
|Los Angeles to (California port) to Antwerp||$350||$3,000||5+30 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Antwerp||$400||$2,100||5+12 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to Antwerp||$450||$3,000||5+30 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to Antwerp||$550||$3,000||6+30 days|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Antwerp||$550||$3,000||6+30 days|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port) to Antwerp||$575||$2,100||6+12 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Antwerp||$675||$2,100||6+12 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Antwerp||$775||$3,000||7+30 days|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port) to Antwerp||$800||$2,100||6+12 days|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to Antwerp||$925||$2,100||7+12 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
As part of the European Union, Belgium has entered into a common trade agreement with all the other countries within the EU. That being said, importing cars from one of these other EU countries into Belgium is less regulated and less expensive than importing from a non-EU country. Regardless of where the imported car comes from, there are a few things you will need to recognize before importing/exporting into Belgium.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Belgium
Importing from Outside the European Union
Unfortunately, when importing a car from countries that fall outside the purview of the European Union, you will often find it to be a lengthier process. For that reason, many people choose not to do so. However, if you do choose to import your vehicle, there are some things you need to know.
First off, if you import your vehicle for personal reasons or as part of a household item, then you may find that you are exempt from certain customs duties and the VAT. However, these exemptions are only valid under the following conditions:
- The owner must have lived outside of the EU for at least twelve consecutive months preceding the importation of the vehicle
- The car must have been purchased outside the EU and have been driven for at least six months prior to arrival in Belgium
- The owner must have already paid the VAT or equivalent prior to the car’s entrance into Belgium
- The owner must keep the vehicle for at least twelve months following import.
Note: All of these conditions must be met in order to have the possibility of exemption from duties and taxes.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Belgium
In order to clear customs with your vehicle, you must have the following documents upon arrival:
- Letter requesting exemption from duties and taxes.
- The bill of sale for the vehicle.
- The title for the vehicle.
- Receipt or proof of payment for the VAT or its equivalent.
- Receipt of insurance for six months prior to import.
- Proof of residency outside the EU for at least twelve months prior to import.
- Shipping document for personal items.
Note: If the vehicle does not meet the requirements for import duty exemption, the owner will be liable for any duties and VATs in accordance with the market value of the car.
Once your car is imported/exported into Belgium, it will need to be officially registered with the Belgian authorities. This can be a lengthy process, but it is necessary to complete it within six months of the importation of your vehicle. It must be completed after you have received customs clearance. For more information, please visit AngloInfo.com.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Belgium
It takes experience, access to durable shipping equipment and haulers, and careful planning to successfully ship heavy equipment or oversized cargo overseas to another nation. That’s why A1 Auto Transport is here to help. We will handle your cargo’s transport from the U.S. to Belgium so it’s guaranteed to get delivered safely.
At A1, we’re able to ship basically any type of heavy equipment. In our history with the industry, some of this cargo includes but isn’t limited to, farm equipment, mining equipment, cranes, RVs, backhoes, pavers, construction equipment, excavators, industrial machinery, large vehicles, and more. Of course due to weight and size, oversized cargo and heavy equipment shipping services tend to cost slightly more than standard auto transport services. Generally, any piece of equipment or vehicle that is of substantial weight or that cannot fit into a 40ft shipping container is considered to meet these standards.
We do offer insurance coverage to each of our shipping customers for their transport. However, with heavy equipment and overseas transports, it’s wise to have the full value of your equipment or cargo covered. For those that wish for full coverage, we offer additional insurance protection.
International Transport Options for Oversized Cargo and Heavy Equipment
The international transport methods available to you will depend on the type of cargo you’re planning to ship to Belgium. Nevertheless, we have four overseas transport methods available overall. In most cases, these shipping methods are accompanied by ground transport services. Our transport specialists will help you make any decisions and will carefully plan the safest and most efficient way to ship your cargo. Here are the four transport methods we offer to our customers:
- Flat Rack Transport- your cargo is secured to a large metal rack before being placed on the ship for its delivery to Belgium.
- Container Shipping- the safest transport method and also the most expensive. Your cargo is placed within a 40ft shipping container so that is protected from potential outside hazards as it makes its way to the delivery address.
- Roll On/Roll Off Shipping- RoRo shipping is the most affordable since it’s a simple open air service that requires your large vehicle or heavy equipment to be operable so that it can roll on and off of the ship using a ramp.
- Lift On/Lift Off Shipping- this shipping method is also referred to as LoLo shipping. It is highly recommended to those with broken down equipment and large vehicles. A crane is used to lift inoperable vehicles and crated equipment onto the ship carefully. THe cargo is removed from the ship in the same manner.
Related Information & FAQs
- How much will it cost me to ship a car to Belgium?
- 5 reasons why hiring a shipping company to transport a car to Belgium is a good idea
- What You need to about shipping a car to Belgium from the USA?
- Import vehicle into USA from Belgium
- Belgium container shipping
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.