As the largest city in Ethiopia, Addis Ababa has many incredible sights and activities to take part in. Addis Ababa is a city rich in culture and is home to over 3 million people. If you plan on staying in Addis Ababa for a while, consider transporting your car there so you can explore the city freely.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for Transporting a Vehicle Overseas.
The requirements for transporting your vehicle into Northern Africa are fairly consistent from port to port. Although customs regulation varies throughout the continent, you’ll want to be prepared for changes that are known to occur. To avoid theft, shipping services require shippers to present proof of ownership of the vehicle as well as other documents which include:
- Drivers License.
- Title and Registration.
- Seaway Bill.
- Proof of Insurance.
- Proof of Residency.
How the Cost of Shipping a Vehicle Is Determined.
Transport companies can give their customers a quote over the phone for their specific transporting service fees. Other taxes such as foreign customs duty or offloading fees differ and will have to be paid on arrival. Those transporting an auto can pay for the shipping process by using a credit card or cashier’s check, personal checks are usually not accepted.
A transporting service can determine a price based on the weight of the vehicle and the type of transportation the shipper chooses. A shipper can transport their vehicle either in a container or on an open vessel. Container shipping is more expensive and is subject to higher offloading fees. Inconveniences such as leaks from the battery, coolant or oil will affect the total cost of shipping.
Preparing a Vehicle for Overseas Shipping.
After you have the proper documents at the ready, you should document damages to the vehicle and have it fully serviced. This will ensure that the vehicle is ready to be driven and won’t cause issues for customs. Personal items must be removed from the vehicle if the shipper doesn’t use a container. Personal items left inside of the vehicle cannot be insured and are subject to additional taxes and fees.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?