Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Bari is a lively small city in Italy where the evenings are filled with trendy restaurants and shopping and the daylight brings an eclectic showcase of tranquil beauty and serenity. Moving to the city for work or for personal reasons can be a very exciting time in someone’s life. The weather is generally warm and mostly sunny year round and driving is simple with a lack of heavy traffic as seen throughout most of Italy. Having your car shipped to Bari can be easily done when you hire a dependable automobile transport company that has experience shipping internationally. You will have to provide some documentation to the transporter prior to scheduling your car for shipment. Those documents include:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Social Security Number.
- Power of Attorney (Gives permission for transport).
You will also have to include details about the car including the make, model and year as well as any alterations that you may have had done to the car that would affect the size. Size of the car must be taken into consideration when scheduling pick-up or delivery as the carrier must be the appropriate one for moving the car. You will also be given information on the ways you can ship the car internationally to Bari from the U.S.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Modes of Transport.
When it comes to shipping a motor vehicle overseas you can choose from two primary ways from the United States. The modes of transport are:
RORO Shipping and Enclosed Shipping are the two ways to ship a car internationally. RORO is the most common mode of internationally transport as it is the least expensive as well as the fastest. RORO carriers can relocate hundreds of motor vehicles overseas at one time for a cost effective way to transport. RORO is excellent for standard motor vehicles, trucks, vans, SUV’s and even buses. Cars are driven or rolled in crates onto the vessel and then secured for sailing to Bari. With enclosed services your car would be protected from the elements of the sea by being sealed inside of a large shipping container during transport. Many enclosed containers offer climate controlled rooms and padded walls for extra stability during shipment. Enclosed shipping is preferred by those who have classic, antique and luxury cars and trucks.
Once you have provided all of your personal information and made a decision on the mode of transport that will be used for your car, the agent will set up a schedule to pick the car up and deliver it to the exit port and can also schedule delivery in Bari if needed. You will receive a total international shipping quote and will be given direction on how to prepare the car for overseas shipment. Your agent will also help you prepare for the customs checkpoint in Bari and will give you information on getting your car registered in Italy
Customs and Automobile Registration in Bari.
Importing a car and the customs clearance check in Bari, Italy is a relatively simple procedure when you follow the rules. First, you will need to pay taxes for shipping as well as import duties when you ship a car to Bari. You can be exempted from the duty fees if you have owned your car for one year or longer. You can ship one personal vehicle only, and there is no limitation on the age of the car. You will need to provide the following to customs when your car reaches Bari:
- Driver’s License (If license is foreign it must have an Italian translation with it).
- Motor Vehicle Title.
- Residency Certificate.
- Tax Code Number or application status from tax code office.
- Commercial Sales Invoice or Bill of Sale notarized with owner’s name.
- Motor Vehicle Registration as well as a copy for customs.
When registering the motor vehicle in Bari you will also need the documents listed above as well as the following paperwork:
- T2119 Application.
- NP2B registration.
- Certificate of Commerce if the car is a corporate or business owned car. The name of the company representative that will be driving the automobile must be listed with the Certificate of Commerce.
All residents of Bari, whether temporary or permanent will be required to pay taxes while in Italy and must apply for, and receive, an individual tax code number. As you are making your plans for automobile shipment your professional transport agent will be able to assist you with all of the information you will need to effectively ship the car as well as prepare your paperwork for customs and motor vehicle registration. For some excellent information on international overseas motor vehicle shipping you can check with the Federal Maritime Commission. You may also want to check with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Italy for statistical data, crime rates, employment factors and local laws for Bari.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory