Asunción is Paraguay’s largest city and is the hub of culture, industries, besides being the seat of the Government and the major port as well. River terminal serves the city because Paraguay River runs along the downtown area. Located strategically within a bay this is the point from where the freights both enter and leave the city on a regular basis. Another river terminal is present at Sajonia neighborhood with Shuttle Port at Ita Enramada. This is located exactly across from the Argentinean city Clorinda, Formosa.
Importing personal vehicles
Importing vehicles to Asunción here may prove to be somewhat tricky because of the geography of Paraguay. It is landlocked area. This means that it has no coastline. There are no sea ports for freight shipping. Because of this reason, shipping does not occur directly but will first reach an Argentinean port before entering the country. To bring it to Asunción, transporters and shippers use the land shipping methods to deliver the vehicles and other cargo. Truck transportation is a popular mode in this regard.
Shipping agencies like A1 Auto Transport service take care of the subsequent transport once it reaches the neighboring port via the sea route. In order to get the best results and avoid snags, we make sure that delays are avoided by preparing in advance the shipping logistics. Our expert’s advice that you need to be aware regarding the documentations and regulatory requirements associated with vehicle import to Asunción, Paraguay. Getting the green signal from custom department is not going to an issue because restrictions are few. It is important to pay the Custom duty when the vehicle reaches the destination port. At US port, you will need to show the ownership proof, sales bill, and clear title among others. Additionally, documents that are needed at US and other ports and need to be shown to the Paraguay customs department include:
- Bill of Lading
- Driver’s license
- Ownership proof/passport
- Original purchase voucher of the vehicle
- Custom clearance certificate at port of origin
In U.S, we can pick your vehicle for drop off at the closest port or you can drive the vehicle to the port. Most people prefer that we pick up and drop off at the freight ship. Choice of the shipping method can be anyone between the two types namely,
- Container Shipping
More economical of the two, RORO method uses the vehicle power to get it on the ship and then off from it at the destination point. You cannot keep anything within the vehicle during the journey. In container shipping, 20 feet or 40 feet container can be hired to secure your car and other belongings, based upon the requirement. You can get more information and latest updates at the Embassy of Paraguay.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory