A metropolitan borough and city in United Kingdom, Sheffield is located in Yorkshire. The name is derived from River Sheaf that meanders through the city. With largely industrial roots, today the city is the economic and commercial center.
It is an important center of education and plenty of employment opportunities, if you are relocating to Sheffield, bring your vehicle with you from USA.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
United Kingdom Import regulations.
As per the import laws of United Kingdom, the vehicle requires to adhere to the eligibility clauses as mentioned Road Vehicle Lighting Regulations 1989. It is important that the vehicle has to meet all emission, and safety regulations. You will get most of the information under the Individual Vehicle Approval scheme. You will need to pay VAT, import duties and other related taxes for a permanent import. However, tax exemptions are available and you might want to contact A1 Auto Transport service to know more about it. Some of the eligibility criterion includes:
- If you are moving permanently to UK.
- Re-importing the vehicle from USA.
- Temporary import if you are not staying in UK for more than 6 months.
In case you do not qualify for any of these conditions, you have to pay the requisite taxes including VAT to get the vehicle cleared. Just like you need to notify the U.S Customs and Border Protection before you ship out the vehicle from USA, similarly the HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) have to be informed. You are required to fill out the “Notification of Vehicle Arrivals”. Additional documentation that has to be submitted includes:
- Title deed.
- Valid U.S Insurance policy.
- Bill of Lading.
- Emission certificate.
- Safety inspection.
- Proof of ownership with copies (passport, driving license)
With good bilateral relations between USA and UK, shipping is easy and fast. You have the option of shipping your vehicle by air transportation which is the fastest but the most expensive method. The more affordable options include RORO and Container shipping. RORO is the most cost effective option but you need to ship only your empty vehicle which is harnessed along with other vehicles on the ship deck. If you are looking for exclusivity, container shipping woks better. The car and other personal items are sealed inside 20 ft. or 40 ft. containers and then shipped. It protects the vehicle better.
You are required to have the Vehicle Import Pack provided by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency. To safely get the delivery of the vehicle and before you can drive your car which is older than 10 years, you might need to get special permissions and it has to meet the emission standards. Talk with the shipping company to know more about it. Additionally, get the vehicle registered and insured as per the local laws, as you are not allowed to drive till then. For more information about the laws and bylaws on import regulations, contact the Embassy of United Kingdom.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory