Betio is the largest town as a suburb of Tarawa on Kiribati, an island nation in Pacific Ocean. It is situated on a different islet and boasts of panoramic beaches. In case you are moving here to enjoy the beaches or work at the port, having your own vehicle imported from USA will be a sensible decision.
It is not always stressful to have your vehicle shipped internationally especially when you are covered by expert international shipping service like A1 Auto Transport service. They will work with you on every stage and ensure that the vehicle is shipped out with ease and clears customs in Kiribati.
Additionally, you will need to notify the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency about the impending export to Betio. If you need A1 Auto Transport service to pick your vehicle from your doorstep and deliver it to the nearest US port, it will add to the total cost but convenience is high. Weather conditions are another important aspect that requires careful consideration. To avoid delays, it is best not to ship during the rainy season, when cyclones and storms tend to hit the island nation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle Import Regulations in Kiribati.
There are no issues with shipping as there are plenty of ports in the island nation. However, it is important that the documentation is complete. The Kiribati Customs requires all details on the vehicle including:
- Vehicle title.
- Insurance proof.
- Details on the vehicle- VIN, make, model, year of manufacture, engine and chassis numbers.
- Bill of Lading.
- Emission reports.
- Import Entry Form for assessment of taxes.
Most of the time, if your documents are in order it takes a week to clear Kiribati Customs Service (KCS). However, all taxes and import duties have to be cleared before the vehicle is released and delivered to the owner or authorized representative. The taxes are evaluated on the basis of the size weight and price of the vehicle, freight charges and the insurance on the vehicle.
One of the most important documents is the Import Entry form as it has to be duly filled by the owner and A1 Auto Transport service, as they are the shipping agency. The Customs officials will need 1 copy, the warehouse requires two copies, and you will need a copy to keep in your import records.
Ways of freight shipping.
With plenty of seaports available on the vast coastline, it is best to ship by RORO or Roll-on/Roll-Off if you have a limited budget or have only a vehicle to ship. In case you need to ship your personal items or household goods alongside, then opt for container shipping. Some of the key considerations before shipping the vehicle include preparing it for safe transit:
- Steam clean the vehicle.
- Leave spare tire, jack and extra keys (for RORO shipping).
- Empty the vehicle for all documents, personal belongings and non-permanent accessories.
- Leave little or no fuel in the tank.
- Remove air conditioning gas.
Contact the Embassy of Kiribati to get the latest update on the regulations before you start the process of shipping the vehicle to Betio.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?