The largest city and capital of Slovakia, Bratislava occupies banks of both the rivers Danube and Morava. Additionally, the city borders Hungary and Austria, and is the economic, political and cultural hub in the country.
All aspects have to be considered when you are shipping your vehicle to Bratislava which includes proper documentation, payment of custom and import duty. We have compiled the relevant information to help you know more about the procedures that are required for safe shipping to Bratislava.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping costs to consider.
This is an important aspect of the move and it is best to consider working with an international shipping company so that all procedures are completed. Working with A1 Auto Transport Company makes shipping easy. There are various aspects that have to be considered including freight charges, insurance and the vehicle price is factored. Additionally the method of shipping is also taken into account. If you choose RORO, the cost will be less but if you decide to go with container shipping, the cost will increase.
- RORO: There are various regulations that have to be followed when you use Roll-on/Roll-Off method. You need to ensure that the vehicle is absolutely devoid of any personal items and accessories. The car or vehicle is driven on the ship deck, harnessed and secured in the bay and then driven off at Slovakia. You need to have a quarter tank of gas in the tank for driving on/off the ship.
- Container shipping: This is another method of shipping which is more expensive but safer. Your vehicle along with household goods is put inside 20 feet or 40 feet containers for secure transit. That is one of the reasons that people shipping vintage cars or luxury vehicles prefer this method as it protects the vehicle against harsh weather and collateral damage.
As Slovakia is a landlocked country, for your vehicle to reach Bratislava, it has to be shipped to port of Canstanta in Romania or the port of Gdynia in Poland. Then it is transported by land to Bratislava. A1 Auto Transport Company will ensure that the delivery is done as per the Bill of Lading terms and conditions to the nearest port.
Motor Vehicle Eligibility and Regulations.
Slovakia has some regulations that need to be met before the vehicle can be registered at the Ministry of Transportation. These include:
- Car manual has to be put inside the car.
- Both sides of the car has to have the side mirrors.
- Gasoline/fuel tank has to be locked.
- Only left hand side driven vehicles are allowed.
- List of technical details of the vehicle has to be included.
Important documents for submission.
There are some essential documents that have to be submitted to ensure that the vehicle is imported legally. Some of these include:
- Lien-free title deed: It is important to have the vehicle in your own name. If there is a lien, you need to have a written permission to ship the vehicle out of USA.
- Proof of US-insurance
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle: This verifies that the vehicle is owned by you and provides the technical details on the vehicle
- License of the driver: As the owner of the vehicle you need to prove your identity. It is best to have a valid and recent license.
The shipping date is determined after the documents are verified and authenticated. The cost of the shipping will not only depend upon the freight and cargo charges but the type of vehicle and the price of the vehicle is also taken into account when import duties are levied. Know more about the rules and regulations of driving in Slovakia.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?