The largest city and the capital of Romania, Bucharest is the financial and cultural center of the nation. It is situated on the panoramic banks of the Dâmbovița River and is about 38 miles from River Danube, making it a scenic city to live and work in. If you have the work or resident permit, you might be moving to Bucharest soon. However, having your personal car or other vehicle can aid in commuting within and outside the city with ease.
There is a lot of paperwork associated with the shipment of the vehicle and some of the important documents that are needed by the U.S Customs and Border protection and Romanian Customs department include:
- US-registration of the car.
- Invoice of Vehicle purchase.
- Work/Residence permit.
- Clear Title deed.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance on the vehicle.
- Passport and Proof of ownership.
There might be limitations and restrictions when you import to Bucharest and that is why it is important to check with an international shipping company like A1 Auto Transport service or with the Romanian Customs department. A1 Auto Transport service would be able to assist and guide you with preparing your car for transportation to Romania. We are here to answer the queries and questions that you have. You need to own the vehicle that you are shipping for at least 6 months in US before you can import it.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Cost of the shipping.
The shipping service representative will be able to help you budget for the auto shipping requirement. You need to know that the taxes are applicable based on the price of the vehicle. There is a maximum duty of 17% and VAT of 24% on all imports. The more expensive the vehicle, higher is the shipping and insurance cost. However the method you select to ship the vehicle also counts. The basic tow methods are that commonly used to ship include:
- RORO: This is the cheapest method but you are not allowed to put any personal belongings within the vehicle. It is parked in a bay on the deck and secured for transit. You have to remove air conditioning gas, clean the vehicle to avoid quarantine at Romanian port. A jack, floor mats, spare keys need to be left within the vehicle.
- Container shipping: Your car is secured and harnessed within 20 feet or 40 feet shipping container and other personal belongings or household goods that need to be transported are kept alongside. Then it is closed and sealed. Due to the added layer of security and personalized shipping option, it is much more expensive than RORO.
Adhering to the import regulations and laws in Romania will ensure speedy deliveries and hassle-free custom clearances. To know the eligibility of your vehicle, check the Title 19 of the U.S. Code Of Federal Regulations. A1 Auto Transport service offer ‘door-to-port’ and ‘port-to-port’ services and if you need any of these services, please let us know in advance.
After the vehicle arrives in Bucharest, you will need to get the license plates changed and apply for a local driving license. It is good to read up on the Romanian traffic laws and regulations in Bucharest before you drive your car there. If you are looking for specific information about the auto import to Romania, contact the Embassy of Romania today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?