Abovyan is a populated town in Armenia and is about 10 miles from Yerevan. Known as the “northern gate of Yerevan”, it has a considerable expatriate population and that is why import of personal vehicles has increased in recent years. After becoming an independent from Soviet Union Armenia has made rapid progress and emerged with a strong market-based economy.
Though it is complex shipping cars to Abovyan, especially as Armenia is a landlocked country, but when you have the right shipping service like A1 Auto Transport Service assisting you at every step, it isn’t impossible. We’ll ensure all documents are in order and the procedures completed so that your vehicle arrives in Abovyan in time.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Recommendations for import of vehicles.
As English is not the first language, most of the official converse in Russian and that is another reason that working with us. We will have an Armenian shipping agent or someone who is conversant in Russian to assist you through the customs, so that there are no communication gaps. Conversely, you can get the documents translated in the local vernacular and submit them. As Armenia is landlocked country, the vehicle will be shipped to one of Georgia’s port and then driven across the mountainous terrain to reach Abovyan. This can take considerable time and that is why it is important to start the process of documentation submission and prepping the car at the earliest. Some of the documents that are needed:
- Proof of Ownership of the Vehicle.
- Bill of Sale.
- Registration Certificate.
- Passport copies.
- Roadworthiness Certification.
- Proof of work permit / Visa.
It is important that the owner is present in Abovyan when the car arrives as shipment. If you cannot be there, you can authorize one of our shipping agents through signed Power of Attorney to be present in lieu. The Custom excise and duty is currently 30% of the total cost and there might be other taxes that you will need to consider. You will need to talk with an experienced shipping service to know the exact amount of shipping costs that you will incur. To know more about the current taxes and import regulations, contact the Embassy of Armenia.
The methods of sea-faring freight shipping include Container shipping and Roll-On/Roll-Off method. In container shipping, the security is higher as your vehicle and other personal goods are secured within 20 feet or 40 feet container. There are no restrictions with this method. However, if you are looking to ship by RORO which is the cheapest method, your car is driven on board, harnessed and driven off the ship at Georgia. However, you cannot keep anything in it and has to be steam-cleaned before shipping. This is important to ensure that your vehicle is not quarantined.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory