Azraq is a fairly small town in Jordan which is located about 100km east from Amman. There are a lot of employment opportunities and a lot of operating businesses in the city and that’s why a lot of people come to it and stay on a permanent basis.
If you intend to do so you might want to get your car imported with you. You might want to work with a reputable shipping service as the relationship between the USA and Jordan are rather strained. The A1 Auto Transport Services is well aware of the import regulations and it has imported a lot of vehicle in the past.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods of shipping.
There are two shipping methods – RORO and Container shipping but you’d have to decide based on your budget. The RORO method is overly cost efficient but you won’t be able to ship additional goods and it’s not an enclosed one and thus the car would be exposed to the elements during the transit. You would have to remove the air conditioning gas and have to keep a ¼ tank of fuel full. You‘d have to remove all non-permanent external modifications as well. The other choice is Container shipping and you’d have to know that it’s more expensive but you can ship as many items as your 20ft or 40ft container can contain.
- Be prepared to have your ID proof or driver’s license.
- Original bill of sale as well as the title of the car.
- Get rid of all personal belongings inside the car as they would be subjected to confiscation.
- ¼ gas tank full.
There were some recent changes in the legislation concerning imports. All used vehicles have to be cleared by the Bureau Veritas which go through the Zaraqa Free Zone while the new cars with no mileage on them are cleared at Aqaba. There are also strict emission regulations and if your car fails to pass them you’d have to get it modified if you want to get Jordan Customs clearance.
Prior to Shipping from the USA.
You have to be well aware of the regulations of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency prior to shipping your car and you have to notify them of your intent and you’d have to submit the following documents:
- Driving License.
- Insurance policy.
- Emission clearances.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
- Original Commercial Invoice.
If you are shipping with the RORO method make sure that you keep in mind the limitations set forth above. If you have any further questions feel free to contact the Embassy of Jordan in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?