Bohicon is a city in Benin and is approximately about 9 kilometers from the city of Abomey on the main highway to Parakou. It is the crossroads of international trade because of its strategic location at the center of the country.
Have you been planning to move to Benin and work or reside in Bohicon? Irrespective of the reason behind your move, you have to have a personal vehicle to traverse the city. Even though the roads are not perfect, having your own vehicle is definitely going to be helpful. You need to be aware of the fact that the traffic is rather unpredictable and the main roads are paved but unpaved stretches within the city itself are quite common.
As it is with any international transportation, you would have to prepare quite a few documents and fill out a lot of paperwork in order to get through with the Benin Customs Department process. However, the A1 Auto Transport service is here to help you out. With over 20 years of international shipping experience and plenty of vehicles successfully shipped to Benin in the past, we understand all of the details that are necessary for a proper import.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are quite a few regulations that you would need to abide by such as:
- All vehicles are taxed – old and new. The tax is based on the current value of the car.
- It is essential to have a purchase invoice which states the details such as the weight of the car, chassis and engine number and capacity, VIN and year of manufacture.
- You are only allowed to import one vehicle per person.
There are also quite a few documents that you would need to take care of when it comes to shipping to Benin. They include:
- A non-sale certificate which is duly signed by the owner.
- Title free of liens.
- Original Bill of Sale.
- Invoice of Freight and Bill of Lading.
In any case, these are the documents that you. have to submit if you want to ensure a hassle free transport to Benin. You might want to contact the Embassy of Benin for any further information.
Procedures to go through.
You would need to get a final quote from the A1 Auto transport so that you are well aware of the total cost. The government of Benin requires the paperwork a bit early and it’s recommended that you steam clean the vehicle thoroughly in order to avoid any unwanted delays. The cost of the charges is usually going to be based on the CIF value of the car.
You have the choice to select from Container shipping and RORO which are going to be more suitable if you are on a tight budget as air shipping is rather expensive.
- Container shipping – this method would involve your car being placed within an enclosed container and you can fill it up with all sorts of personal belongings. It’s more expensive than RORO but also brings great value if you have a lot of household goods.
- Roll-On/ Roll-Off Shipping – this is the most economic option in front of you. Your car is loaded on a freight ship and delivered as it is. You are allowed to leave nothing but the car jack, spare tire, a ¼ tank of gas, spare set of keys, floor mats and nothing else.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?