Ashaiman is a large city in Ashaiman Municipal district within the greater Accra region in Ghana. If you are moving here for any reason, it is important that you hire an international shipping service to move your vehicle with your other personal goods.
A1 Auto Transport service fits the bill as we have shipped hundreds of vehicles to Ghana and other African countries in the past and understand the laws and the working of the Ghana Revenue Authority.
Additionally, if you live far away from the departure port, you might need assistance to get the vehicle delivered by using our door to port services. However if you are looking to cut costs, you can drive down and get it done on your own. We can offer assistance based on your requirements.
Another key aspect that will affect and determine the cost of the shipment is the method of shipping that you will select. You have the option of choosing from Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container shipment. The most affordable option is RORO as the vehicle shipping is charged on the basis of space used for parking it on the ship’s deck. You are not allowed to keep anything apart from spare tire, extra keys, floor mats and car jack. It is essential that the vehicle is in an operable condition because if you intend using RORO, it has to be driven off and off the ship.
In case you have other personal goods to ship along with the vehicle, you can select container shipping where your vehicle or goods are packed within 20 feet or 40 feet containers. Cranes are used to load and unload the containers from the ships. You might want to have extra insurance on the vehicle if you are shipping a luxury vehicle or a vintage car.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle import laws in Ghana.
The details of the car’s make, year and model are required when shipping it to Ghana as you are allowed to ship cars and other automobiles that are older than 10 years without an extra fee and special permit. Before you ship out the vehicle from USA and before it reaches Ashaiman, you are required to submit quite a few documents to ensure that the vehicle is eligible for shipping. These are:
- Import/export permit.
- Purchase invoice.
- Registration and Title deed in owner’s name.
- If there is a lien on the vehicle- notary attested letter from lender authorizing the vehicle shipment.
- Driver license.
- Proof of insurance.
After the vehicle reaches the port of Tema or Accra, all taxes have to be cleared before the vehicle is delivered to the owners or authorized representatives in Ashaiman. The import duty varies from 5% to 20% while the VAT is about 12.5%. There are additional levies, which have to be paid to get the Customs clearances.
To get more information on the total cost and delivery time for vehicles shipped to Ghana, you might want to talk with A1 Auto Transport service or contact the Ghana Consulate in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory