Shipping A Car To Pakistan: Taxes & Duties On Imports
Shipping A Car To Pakistan
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The majority of cars shipped from the U.S. to Pakistan can be delivered for$2,200 up to $5,100.
- Additional costs may need to paid once the vehicle is delivered, in particular, import taxes and registration fees, which can add up.
What to know about having a motor vehicle exported to Pakistan.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Pakistan
- Passport (copy acceptable)
- Ocean bill of lading (OBL)
- Vehicle title
- Purchase invoice
- De-registration certificate
New vehicles face a 50% duty if they’re over 8,000 CC, plus additional excise taxes. The maximum value that may be assessed for taxes and duties is 90% of the car value, which makes it a costly endeavor to import a vehicle to Pakistan if you don’t qualify for special regime designation (see below). Vehicles that are brought into Pakistan from another country must be no more than 3 years old.
Special regime auto shipments to Pakistan qualify for lesser taxation, though they still must pay an import duty.
Vehicles that qualify for special regime import must also be less than 3 years old and are limited to certain circumstances: change of residency, personal possession or a *gift. The special regime designation may only be used to ship a car to Pakistan once every two years, per person. The duty on cars brought in under the special regime exception are based on the engine displacement and assessed on a sliding scale.
*To qualify as a gift under special regime rules, the vehicle must come from immediate family.
Contact us and we’ll walk you through the process of shipping a vehicle to Pakistan! We handle everything from insurance to required paperwork! Call us today or fill out the online request form for a FREE instant cost estimate!
Popular Shipping Destinations:
Pakistan Auto Transport | Documents & Paperwork
All items that are imported to Pakistan must be classified using the Harmonized Tariff System and documented as such on the cargo invoice. Here’s the necessary paperwork you’ll need to bring a car into the country.
- Bill of lading & packing list with required codes
- Passport & visa
- Certificate of origin
- Proof of valid insurance
- Letter of credit (if applicable)
- Documentation of customs clearance
- Purchase invoice with vehicle specifications listed
Need help sorting through the laws and taxes of transport a car to Pakistan? Call us for a FREE consultation or use our online request form to get an a real time quote from a certified country to country car shipper!
Pakistan Auto Delivery Resources
U.S. Embassy In Pakistan (Islamabad) – Find assistance and information about immigrant and nonimmigrant visas in Pakistan, as well as a plethora of services in Pakistan for U.S. Citizens. If you’re moving to the country or need a vehicle delivered for a temporary stay, this is where you’ll find the best information.
Importing For Overseas Pakistanis – If you’re a Pakistani living overseas and need a car shipped back to the country, this resource is invaluable. It details everything you’ll need to know, from legal requirements to the cost and taxes of shipping a vehicle to Pakistan as a citizen.
Related Information & FAQs
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?
Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto TodayGet an Instant Free Quote Now
Or Call us today at 1-800-452-2880 and speak to directly to our sales team!