Ship Car To Nottingham

Nottingham is located 30 miles south of Sheffield and is approximately 30 miles north of Leicester within England. It’s an urban area and the second largest city in the area of the Midlands.

It is absolutely necessary to make sure that your car abides by the regulations like Road Vehicle Regulations of 1989 as well as the Road Vehicle Regulations from 1986. If you are planning to get your car into the country you have to make sure that your vehicle meets the regulations regarding emissions, safety, and environmental regulations. You would also have to clear VAT and import duties before driving the car legally but there are also different eligibility criteria for tax exemptions such as:

  • Permanent residence in London.
  • You are a part of non-European Union member and you won’t stay in the country for more than six months.
  • You are importing a vehicle which was previously exported from the UK.


There is a 17.5% tax as well as a 10% customs duty unless you’ve owned the car for more than 6 months and if you intend to keep it for personal use after one year after entering United Kingdom. You also need to show that you’ve lived within the US for these six months and that the car has been driven, licensed as well as insured for the whole time being.

A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.

Payment of Taxes.

Unless you are exempt from taxes you are legally required to pay them as well as the duties and VAT once your car arrives in the UK. You have to notify the HM Revenue and Customs, HMRC and make sure that your vehicle completes the Notification of Vehicle Arrivals form online. After this is through you are going to be asked to pay the VAT. If it’s not paid you would be subjected to some penalties. However, you would also have to submit the following documentation:

  • Title deed free of liens.
  • Insurance policy.
  • Purchase invoice.
  • Bill of Lading.
  • Proof of Ownership.
  • Inspection certificates for the emissions and road safety.

Before you import your car you have to get the Vehicle Import Pack and that’s why you need to contact the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency. There are some particular restrictions which are imposed on cars which over ten years old. However, if you import an older car it must be clarified that it can be actually imported. To know the latest about the current laws and regulations, it is best to contact A1 Auto Transport service and let us be of assistance.

Ship Your Vehicle With A-1 Auto Today

Get an Instant Free Quote Now

Or call us today at 1-800-518-8708 and speak to directly to our sales team!