Big Bend is a town, lying near the Lusutfu River in eastern Swaziland. With large plantations and trade, there can be plenty of reasons that you want to move here. If you want to come to Big Bend from the United States to work or go to school, you should find your relocating experience less stressful when you bring your own vehicle with you.
You need to import your vehicle and it will not cost as much as buying a new, imported car as there are no indigenous auto industry. Most of the vehicles are imported from America and Japan. Swaziland is landlocked so the only way to import to Swaziland is through major ports like Richards Bay in South Africa, Maputo in Mozambique.
Once you are able to clear your vehicle through customs, you will then need to drive it from the port to Big Bend. Meanwhile, your vehicle will be located in a warehouse that is bonded until you are able to pick it up. You won’t need to pay any duty twice when you pick it up in another country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents Needed to Export.
When you are ready to import your vehicle, you will need to first prepare it for exporting through U.S customs. You will need to provide the following information to the U.S port:
- Bill of Lading.
- The original title to your vehicle.
- Bill of Sale.
- Proof of ownership.
- Insurance certificate.
Before your vehicle ships out from the domestic U.S port, you need to get the clearances for which a Letter of Intent to ship has to be submitted along with the relevant documents to the U.S Customs. It is best to adhere to all laws to ensure there are no delays.
You will need to pay the customs duties which are collected by the Swaziland Revenue Authority, when your vehicle enters Swaziland and you are scheduled to pick it up. You will also need to provide the proof needed that you have owned the vehicle for at least one year prior to shipping it. You will need to bring the title of the vehicle as well as the purchase invoice with you when you come to pick up your vehicle. You are required to fill out a lot of paperwork in order to complete your import. You will also need:
- A copy of your passport.
- Customs and tax clearance.
- Finance Ministry’s import application.
- Non-resident work/residence permit.
- Purchase invoice with the engine/chassis number on the vehicle supplier’s letterhead.
Once the vehicle is ready for transport, you will need to work with A1 Auto Transport Service to import your vehicle with ease. They can help you determine which shipping method is better for you based on your budget and your needs. Roll On/ Roll Off method is the most affordable way to ship a vehicle. If you want to bring over your household items and your car all at once, you will appreciate the flexibility of the container shipment.
Before your vehicle leaves the port, you will want to inspect it for any flaws. Take some photos to go along with the documents that you will submit, especially if you see dents and scratches. It’s also a good idea to take pictures of any flaws you may find. Laws are constantly changing so it’s best to check with the Embassy of Swaziland.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?