Al Hoceima is a city which is located in the northern parts of Morocco, right on the north edge of the Rif Mountains. It is situated in Act Weryaghel Territory. In recent years, the city has become a hub for business and tourism. It’s a great living location if you choose to relocate to Morocco.
Once you are living in the city for a short or longer duration, having your own vehicle is definitely going to prove to be particularly beneficial. The reason for this is that you would have the chance to travel at will and you will eliminate the currency and language barrier.
However, shipping a vehicle to Morocco might seem like a daunting process, but working with a professional shipping service like A1 Auto Transport is going to make it a lot less complicated. We have been in business for years and understand all aspects of global shipping of vehicles. Though we will help you walk through the procedures, you would have to provide quite a lot of documents to the U.S Customs and Border Protection as well. You should consider getting a signed power of attorney in order for the agent to be able to take care of the entire process without having to engage you in any activities. You can find a lot of information at Morocco Customs.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Keep in mind that whenever you want to import a vehicle to Al Hoceima, there are quite a lot of things that you would have to consider. There are duties and taxes to be paid but you can import a car for up to three months without having to pay for them. However, for residents who want to relocate permanently the fees can get rather high but you only have to pay them once. Furthermore, you would have to provide the government authorities with the following documentation:
- Original Lading Bill.
- Registration and Title deed.
- Import Permit.
- Original Sales Bill.
Of course, these are just the basic documents but you might want to check out with the Embassy of Morocco in Washington, DC for any further ones if they are required.
This tax is levied on the imports and the standard rate is 20%. However, some products are subjected to 7%, 10% and 14% based on the CIF value. Keep in mind that there are no minimum thresholds and all vehicles are subjected to taxation. There is a Timber Tax ranging between 6% and 12% and there is a Parafiscal tax which is approximately 0.25% of the CIF value.
In order to get you a total quote, the shipping agent should provide you with the available shipping methods as they are also going to be necessary when calculating the total price. With this in mind, you would have to account for the leaving port in the US as well as for the destination port at Morocco. The choices are usually two – RORO and Container Shipping.
- RoRo Shipping: This particular type is going to require your vehicle to be driven on its own wheels on a shipping dock on a freight ship. Once it’s there, it’s going to get securely fastened and ship as it is. This is by far the cheapest and fastest water-based transportation method. However, you wouldn’t be able to ship any other belongings other than your car.
- Container Shipping: You can choose between a 20ft and 40ft container for you to get your car within. The car is going to be firmly protected from the elements, unlike with RORO and you can ship as many personal belongings as you want. It’s more convenient but it’s also more expensive and slower as there are many checkpoints along the way.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory