One of the largely populated cities in Gambia, Brikama is close to Banjul, the capital city. Known for ethnic crafts and music, the city is home to educational institutes. Whether you are a diplomat or have a work visa, you will need to have your vehicle for ease of commuting within the city and in the larger metropolis. However, shipping your vehicle from USA to Brikama in Gambia isn’t as difficult as you thought. It is important that you have hired an experienced shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport service to make the shipping arrangements.
It is essential to know that the road conditions in the city are rough with poorly maintained inroads. Most of the roads are flooded during the monsoon (June to September) so you cannot drive with ease. It is better to have four wheel drive or SUVs for personal use as they are better on all terrains.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before shipping your vehicle.
All vehicles to Gambia go through the single shipping port at Banjul which accepts RORO and container shipping options. At A1 Auto Transport service, we will help you with the documentation and render our services in Brikama to help clear customs. We will also help you with preparing your vehicle for transit and there are quite a few limitations that have to be complete before you can ship by RORO or Roll-On/Roll-Off method. These include:
- Steam clean the car.
- Remove the air conditioning gas, personal items.
- Keep spare tire, floor mats, extra set of keys in the car.
- Quarter tank of fuel for driving down the ship at Banjul.
Motor vehicle regulations and documentation.
Just like any other country, Gambia has specific motor vehicle regulations which require proper documentation that need to be met before your vehicle can clear Gambia Customs. These include:
- Original Bill of Sale including information about vehicle model, make, chassis/engine number.
- Import tax is calculated based on the current market value of the vehicle.
- Only left hand drive vehicles can be imported.
- Compulsory sales tax levied by the government of 10% has to be paid.
- Custom sales tax is 1%.
- Driving license.
- Social security number/card, passport.
If Gambian government needs additional documents, A1 Auto Transport service will be able to inform you about it. It is important to have a written quote to get an idea about the total shipping cost of the vehicle. However the cost would depend whether you will need us to pick your vehicle from your home and take it to the local US port or you want to cut cost and drive it to the nearest port on your own. The other factor that has to be considered whether you plan on shopping by RORO or prefer container shipping as it is safer and protects your household goods and car. It is better to insure your vehicle during transit s that you are sure it is protected. There are additional costs if you need to have your car picked up from the Banjul port and delivered to your new home in Brikama.
To know more about the import regulations and current laws on custom duties, you may browse the Gambia Embassy in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?