The largest city and the main port of Burundi, Bujumbura are situated on the shores of the second deepest Tanganyika Lake. As a major center of mining and other exports, the city is crowd-puller with plenty of employment opportunities. Whether you are on a residential or work visa, having your own vehicle can be rewarding but you need to contact A1 Auto Transport service as we are an internationally acclaimed shipping service. With over 20 years of quality shipping services, we can help you import your car to Bujumbura with ease. However, only about 10% of the roads in the city are paved, it helps to have a 4-wheel drive to commute with ease.
From filling all the pertinent documents to clearing the customs, there are a host of procedures and processes that have to be completed. We’ll help you decide which would be the best port to export your vehicle and if you aren’t able to drive the car down to the port, we pick it up from you and deliver it at the domestic US port. Additionally, we’ll be able to help you with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency and the custom clearances at Burundi.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations for importing vehicles.
There is a lot of paperwork and forms that you will be required to submit when you ship your vehicle to Bujumbura. Here are the documents that are needed before you start the process of prepping the vehicle for shipment:
- Original Bill of Purchase.
- Documents for Vehicle Registration.
- Title Deed with details about engine and chassis number, model and year manufactured.
- Passport (copy).
- Car insurance.
Additionally, there are 4% handling fee for the insurance, cost and freight charges apart from 17% tax based on CIF. And there is other information that the shipping service needs, including:
- International driver’s license.
- Social Security number.
- Clear vehicle title.
- Passport of the owner.
- Power of Attorney.
It is best to connect directly with the Burundi Embassy and get the details on the documents and latest custom regulations.
Prepping the vehicle before Shipping.
The shipping agents will discuss the pros and cons of different methods and offer a free quote on the total cost of the shipping and time it would take to reach Bujumbura. To help you fix a budget, depending upon the method of shipping you select, the price and insurance will vary. If you intend shipping by RORO, you will need to follow the guidelines that include:
- steam clean the vehicle.
- remove personal items, air conditioning gas and other accessories.
- leave a set of keys, floor mats, jack and spare tire.
- ¼ tank of gas.
The vehicle is driven on and off the ship and secured during transit. This is the cheapest method to import your vehicle in Burundi. The other method is Container shipping and it helps to hire a 20 feet or 40 feet container if you are sending a luxury vehicle or other household goods along with the car. This is more expensive due to the exclusivity and safety the method provides.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?