Arta is a city in Djibouti, which is located about 22 miles away from the capital, Djibouti City. Scenically nestled within the mountains of Arta, it is the 6th largest city in the country.
Regardless of the reasons for relocating here, having your vehicle with you is without a doubt incredibly beneficial. There is a rather poor connectivity of the public transport and the majority of the roads aren’t even paved. This is why you might also want to consider importing a 4-wheel drive or any other vehicle from the USA – for your own convenience.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The best thing you can do regarding the laws and import regulations in the country is to refer to the Djibouti Customs Authority. It’s not possible to import a vehicle if you do not adhere to the necessary regulations and without providing the required documents. With this in mind, working closely with a reputable shipping service like the A1 Auto Transport by your side is going to be rather beneficial. We have transported plenty of vehicles to Djibouti and
It is also essential to notify the U.S Customs and Border Protection Agency for your intention to ship a vehicle to Djibouti. You should also submit quite a few documents along with the notification letter which includes:
- Title deed of the car.
- Proof of ownership.
- Insurance documentation.
- Invoice of purchase.
- A copy of your passport.
- EIN Letter and an import permit.
Regulations for Motor Vehicles.
The law stipulated that you are only allowed to import left-hand drive vehicles. The majority of the laws are pretty flexible when it comes to the taxes. For instance, for 1000cc-1300cc the tax is 30%, for over 1800cc you have to pay 100% of the vehicle’s evaluated value and shipping charges. If you are not quite sure about the related shipping costs and taxes, A1 Auto Transport is going to give you a quote. We’ll need to consider your specific requirements, budget and
You have to be present to get your vehicle or you can authorize an agent from our company to get it for you. The power of attorney, however, has to be submitted thoroughly in advance so that the Djibouti Customs Authority can properly verify its authenticity. In addition, you will have to options to ship your car to Djibouti:
- Container shipping – this involves your car being sealed in an enclosed container and safely transported to the destination port. You can also ship all sorts of personal belongings within the container. This is why it’s slower and costlier than the alternative.
- RORO shipping requires you to drive your vehicle on its own wheels on a shipping deck on a freight carrier. It’s going to be strapped and secured there and shipped towards the destination. It’s cheaper and quicker.
It is important to know the current regulations if you intend moving your vehicle to Arta soon. You can discuss it with one of the representatives of A1 Auto Transport service or call at Embassy of Djibouti.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory