Benoni is located in South Africa, in the province of Gauteng. It is located within the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality and is geared toward industry as well as other commercial services.
In case you are planning on staying here on a short term or for a longer period, we can help. When shipping your vehicle through A1 Auto Transport Service, your vehicle will meet all requirements of importation. The only thing you need to do is to provide all the documentation necessary to complete your paperwork.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
- You must provide proof of your driver’s license.
- You will need your social security number.
- Your vehicle’s title will need to be free and clear.
- You must have insurance on your vehicle at the time of transport and have proof.
- If you are not able to pick up your vehicle, you will need to issue Power Of Attorney.
As we work on getting the vehicle transportation completed, we will keep you informed of the process and let you know what to expect. You may be able to send other household goods along with your vehicle with certain shipping methods. If you would like car pick up service at your home, we can come by and pick it up to take to the ship to import to Benoni. There may be additional charges for this service. We can make your shipping as hassle-free as possible. For more information on shipping a vehicle to Benoni, you can contact U.S. Customs.
Vehicle Provisions for Import.
There are strict import regulations of vehicles so rules must be adhered to:
- Steering wheels must be on the right hand side.
- Only one car per family/individual is allowed to be imported.
- Citizens who are returning to Benoni will be subject to paying full taxes at customs.
- You must keep your vehicle for a period of two years after arriving as an immigrant in Benoni.
- Full taxes will need to be paid even for temporary residents.
- Diplomats from another country will not be required to pay any taxes however they must provide proof of their title.
You must also provide the following proof of documentation once your car is in South Africa.
- Permit for import.
- Bill of Sale.
- Temporary license.
- Car title.
- Original registration when purchased.
- Three copies of the 304 Form and P1.160.
Your car can ship to Port Elizabeth which is the main port into South Africa. You will have a choice between container shipping and Roll On/Roll Off shipping. You will be quoted a price for both based on your needs, pick-up and delivery dates, and fees that will be included in your shipping costs. Roll On/Roll Off shipping method includes your vehicle being driven
Roll On/Roll Off shipping method includes your vehicle being driven on to the deck of the ship and secured to a parking bay. Once it reaches the Port Elizabeth in South Africa, it will be driven off. No personal items can accompany your vehicle. This is currently the most affordable way to ship. The next method is the container shipping and this is the best method for those who want to ship any household goods and personal belongings inside the container to their new location. This method of shipping is more expensive but it does allow you to ship everything at once.
The South African Embassy located in Washington, DC can help with any questions you may have.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?