Ship Car To Or From Antigua
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Having a vehicle transported to Antigua from the United States is relatively affordable since it’s not that far in geographic terms, just southeast of Florida in the Caribbean Sea.
- The average cost for shipping a standard sized vehicle from the U.S. to Antigua is between $1,600 and $3,900.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua is one of the more popular islands, located along the Caribbean region. The lush land is known for its sandy beaches and mesmerizing views. Although, Antigua is the perfect luxurious vacationing location, relocating to the area can be a challenge when you have plans to import your vehicle to the island.
Our vehicles are a prized possession. You’ve worked hard to purchase it, and we rely upon the use of our vehicle to complete daily tasks. That’s why the thought of shipping/exporting a vehicle from the United States to Antigua sounds intimidating. No doubt there are many questions swarming around in your head.
- How can I ensure that my car will be safe?
- How does the shipping process work?
- How much money can I expect to spend?
Let’s address those concerns.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Antigua
Whenever a vehicle is being imported internationally, there are a series of forms that must be completed by the importer or the broker in order for a vehicle to be cleared by customs. An import license is required to ship a vehicle into Antigua. A-1 Auto Transport is a licensed vehicle importer. The Antiguan Customs Department requires the following documentation in order for a vehicle to be cleared:
- Import license from the Ministry of Trade
- Bill of Lading
- Environmental Levy Form
- Refrigerant Form from the National Ozone Office within the Ministry of Trade
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Bill Of Lading or invoice is used to complete a Customs Declaration form. Once the form is submitted, the value of the vehicle, as well as the type of refrigerant, will the vehicle is classified as, be verified by the valuation officer.
The National Ozone Office has to be approved and document the refrigerant form. Next an Environmental Levy should be obtained from the Environmental Protection Unit. Once this form has been filled out the importer can receive an Environmental Levy waiver from the Minister of Agriculture based on the age of the vehicle.
An Environmental Levy waiver can cost up to $4,000 for a vehicle older than a year and $1,000 for vehicles at least one year’s old.
Tax Duties and Tariff
When shipping/exporting your automobile into Antigua, you’ll also have to anticipate taxes and duties on the vehicle. Taxes and duties are determined by the market value of the vehicle being imported, the insurance and the total cost of shipping. Taxes and duties are also based on the Custom’s Procedure Code and the Tariff Code.
Ensuring the Safety of Your Vehicle
A-1 Auto Transport has years of experience in transporting all kinds of vehicles to a number of different countries around the world. That’s why we can guarantee timely service, great communication throughout the process so that you don’t have to worry about the safety of your vehicle.
What can you do on your part to make sure that everything goes smoothly?
When vehicles are being transported into Antigua, it’s recommended that you avoid packing additional items such as; clothes, furniture and house ware.
Related Information & FAQ
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?