Ship Car to or from Antigua
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Having a vehicle transported to Antigua from the United States is relatively affordable since it’s not that far in geographic terms, just southeast of Florida in the Caribbean Sea.
- The average cost for shipping a standard sized vehicle from the U.S. to Antigua is between $1,600 and $3,900.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Antigua
|New York, NY to (New York port) to St. Johns||$275||$3,600||5+6 days|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to St. Johns||$350||$3,200||5+17 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to St. Johns||$450||$3,200||5+17 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to St. Johns||$475||$3,200||6+17 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to St. Johns||$550||$3,200||6+17 days|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to St. Johns||$550||$3,600||5+6 days|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to St. Johns||$700||$3,600||6+6 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to St. Johns||$775||$3,200||7+17 days|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to St. Johns||$925||$3,600||7+6 days|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to St. Johns||$1,075||$3,600||7+6 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua is one of the more popular islands, located along the Caribbean region. The lush land is known for its sandy beaches and mesmerizing views. Although, Antigua is the perfect luxurious vacationing location, relocating to the area can be a challenge when you have plans to import your vehicle to the island.
Our vehicles are a prized possession. You’ve worked hard to purchase it, and we rely upon the use of our vehicle to complete daily tasks. That’s why the thought of shipping/exporting a vehicle from the United States to Antigua sounds intimidating. No doubt there are many questions swarming around in your head.
- How can I ensure that my car will be safe?
- How does the shipping process work?
- How much money can I expect to spend?
Let’s address those concerns.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Antigua
Whenever a vehicle is being imported internationally, there are a series of forms that must be completed by the importer or the broker in order for a vehicle to be cleared by customs. An import license is required to ship a vehicle into Antigua. A-1 Auto Transport is a licensed vehicle importer. The Antiguan Customs Department requires the following documentation in order for a vehicle to be cleared:
- Import license from the Ministry of Trade.
- Bill of Lading.
- Environmental Levy Form.
- Refrigerant Form from the National Ozone Office within the Ministry of Trade.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Bill Of Lading or invoice is used to complete a Customs Declaration form. Once the form is submitted, the value of the vehicle, as well as the type of refrigerant, will the vehicle is classified as, be verified by the valuation officer.
The National Ozone Office has to be approved and document the refrigerant form. Next an Environmental Levy should be obtained from the Environmental Protection Unit. Once this form has been filled out the importer can receive an Environmental Levy waiver from the Minister of Agriculture based on the age of the vehicle.
An Environmental Levy waiver can cost up to $4,000 for a vehicle older than a year and $1,000 for vehicles at least one year’s old.
Tax Duties and Tariff
When shipping/exporting your automobile into Antigua, you’ll also have to anticipate taxes and duties on the vehicle. Taxes and duties are determined by the market value of the vehicle being imported, the insurance and the total cost of shipping. Taxes and duties are also based on the Custom’s Procedure Code and the Tariff Code.
Ensuring the Safety of Your Vehicle
A-1 Auto Transport has years of experience in transporting all kinds of vehicles to a number of different countries around the world. That’s why we can guarantee timely service, great communication throughout the process so that you don’t have to worry about the safety of your vehicle.
What can you do on your part to make sure that everything goes smoothly?
When vehicles are being transported into Antigua, it’s recommended that you avoid packing additional items such as; clothes, furniture and house ware.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Antigua
The act of shipping heavy equipment or oversized cargo across the sea is one that will call for professional assistance. Complying with foreign import policies and finding haulers and safety gear strong enough for such large cargo isn’t for individuals to take on without the right experience or access to transport equipment. Fortunately, A1 Auto Transport is here to help.
The low cost shipping services we offer can easily transport nearly any type of heavy equipment to Antigua from the U.S. Depending on the weight and size of your cargo, we will have various transport methods for you to consider. If you’re not sure what is considered heavy equipment, here is a list of examples of oversized cargo we’re able to ship overseas…
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Dump Trucks
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
Call us today to find out what we consider your cargo and to see how much it will cost for us to ship from the U.S. to Antigua. We are certain we will be able to assist you and to get your transport quickly and safely underway without any concerns. We will also help you choose the best available shipping method according to your preferences, budget and cargo type. For more information regarding our heavy equipment transport methods, read the brief descriptions listed below.
- LoLo Shipping (Lift On/Lift Off): This shipping method requires the help of a crane to lift on and lift off your cargo from the ship. We strongly recommend this service to those shipping large inoperable vehicles and crated cargo.
- RoRo Shipping (Roll On/Roll Off): This is the least expensive shipping service available. Your cargo must be capable of rolling onto and off of the ship, meaning it must be operable. Most customers have this as a transport option but it isn’t always accepted at all sea ports. If there isn’t an available sea port for your country, we will have it shipped to the nearest one that accepts this transport method and see that ground transport methods are prepared to deliver it from there on out. This is an open air service that leaves your cargo exposed to outside elements. Make sure your cargo is fully covered under our insurance plans.
- Container Shipping: Container shipping is available to everyone. Your cargo must fit inside of a 40ft shipping container to use this method of transport. Since this shipping service protects your cargo from outside elements, it tends to cost more than the other available options.
- Flat Rack Shipping: Flat rack shipping uses an open metal frame to secure your cargo. Once your cargo is fastened to this large durable frame, it is placed on top of the ship until it reaches port. The frame with the cargo still secured, is then lifted off of the ship safely.
Related Information & FAQ.