Ship Car to or from Antigua
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Having a vehicle transported to Antigua from the United States is relatively affordable since it’s not that far in geographic terms, just southeast of Florida in the Caribbean Sea.
- The average cost for shipping a standard sized vehicle from the U.S. to Antigua is between $1,600 and $3,900.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Antigua
|New York, NY to (New York port) to St. Johns||$275||$3,600||5+6 days|
|Los Angeles to (California port) to St. Johns||$350||$3,200||5+17 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to (California port) to St. Johns||$450||$3,200||5+17 days|
|Portland, OR to (California port) to St. Johns||$475||$3,200||6+17 days|
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port) to St. Johns||$550||$3,200||6+17 days|
|Columbus, OH to (New York port) to St. Johns||$550||$3,600||5+6 days|
|Atlanta, GA to (New York port) to St. Johns||$700||$3,600||6+6 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to St. Johns||$775||$3,200||7+17 days|
|Miami, FL to (New York port) to St. Johns||$925||$3,600||7+6 days|
|Houston, TX to (New York port) to St. Johns||$1,075||$3,600||7+6 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
Popular Shipping Destinations
Other Types Of Vehicles We Transport To Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua is one of the more popular islands, located along the Caribbean region. The lush land is known for its sandy beaches and mesmerizing views. Although, Antigua is the perfect luxurious vacationing location, relocating to the area can be a challenge when you have plans to import your vehicle to the island.
Our vehicles are a prized possession. You’ve worked hard to purchase it, and we rely upon the use of our vehicle to complete daily tasks. That’s why the thought of shipping/exporting a vehicle from the United States to Antigua sounds intimidating. No doubt there are many questions swarming around in your head.
- How can I ensure that my car will be safe?
- How does the shipping process work?
- How much money can I expect to spend?
Let’s address those concerns.
Required Documents For Shipping A Vehicle To Antigua
Whenever a vehicle is being imported internationally, there are a series of forms that must be completed by the importer or the broker in order for a vehicle to be cleared by customs. An import license is required to ship a vehicle into Antigua. A-1 Auto Transport is a licensed vehicle importer. The Antiguan Customs Department requires the following documentation in order for a vehicle to be cleared:
- Import license from the Ministry of Trade.
- Bill of Lading.
- Environmental Levy Form.
- Refrigerant Form from the National Ozone Office within the Ministry of Trade.
The Bill Of Lading or invoice is used to complete a Customs Declaration form. Once the form is submitted, the value of the vehicle, as well as the type of refrigerant, will the vehicle is classified as, be verified by the valuation officer.
The National Ozone Office has to be approved and document the refrigerant form. Next an Environmental Levy should be obtained from the Environmental Protection Unit. Once this form has been filled out the importer can receive an Environmental Levy waiver from the Minister of Agriculture based on the age of the vehicle.
An Environmental Levy waiver can cost up to $4,000 for a vehicle older than a year and $1,000 for vehicles at least one year’s old.
Tax Duties and Tariff
When shipping/exporting your automobile into Antigua, you’ll also have to anticipate taxes and duties on the vehicle. Taxes and duties are determined by the market value of the vehicle being imported, the insurance and the total cost of shipping. Taxes and duties are also based on the Custom’s Procedure Code and the Tariff Code.
Ensuring the Safety of Your Vehicle
A-1 Auto Transport has years of experience in transporting all kinds of vehicles to a number of different countries around the world. That’s why we can guarantee timely service, great communication throughout the process so that you don’t have to worry about the safety of your vehicle.
What can you do on your part to make sure that everything goes smoothly?
When vehicles are being transported into Antigua, it’s recommended that you avoid packing additional items such as; clothes, furniture and house ware.
Shipping Of Heavy Equipment & Oversized Cargo To Antigua
The act of shipping heavy equipment or oversized cargo across the sea is one that will call for professional assistance. Complying with foreign import policies and finding haulers and safety gear strong enough for such large cargo isn’t for individuals to take on without the right experience or access to transport equipment. Fortunately, A1 Auto Transport is here to help.
The low cost shipping services we offer can easily transport nearly any type of heavy equipment to Antigua from the U.S. Depending on the weight and size of your cargo, we will have various transport methods for you to consider. If you’re not sure what is considered heavy equipment, here is a list of examples of oversized cargo we’re able to ship overseas…
- Farm Equipment
- Industrial Equipment
- Mining Equipment
- Dump Trucks
- Large Trucks or Heavy Vehicles
- Engineering Equipment
- Agricultural Equipment and more…
Call us today to find out what we consider your cargo and to see how much it will cost for us to ship from the U.S. to Antigua. We are certain we will be able to assist you and to get your transport quickly and safely underway without any concerns. We will also help you choose the best available shipping method according to your preferences, budget and cargo type. For more information regarding our heavy equipment transport methods, read the brief descriptions listed below.
- LoLo Shipping (Lift On/Lift Off): This shipping method requires the help of a crane to lift on and lift off your cargo from the ship. We strongly recommend this service to those shipping large inoperable vehicles and crated cargo.
- RoRo Shipping (Roll On/Roll Off): This is the least expensive shipping service available. Your cargo must be capable of rolling onto and off of the ship, meaning it must be operable. Most customers have this as a transport option but it isn’t always accepted at all sea ports. If there isn’t an available sea port for your country, we will have it shipped to the nearest one that accepts this transport method and see that ground transport methods are prepared to deliver it from there on out. This is an open air service that leaves your cargo exposed to outside elements. Make sure your cargo is fully covered under our insurance plans.
- Container Shipping: Container shipping is available to everyone. Your cargo must fit inside of a 40ft shipping container to use this method of transport. Since this shipping service protects your cargo from outside elements, it tends to cost more than the other available options.
- Flat Rack Shipping: Flat rack shipping uses an open metal frame to secure your cargo. Once your cargo is fastened to this large durable frame, it is placed on top of the ship until it reaches port. The frame with the cargo still secured, is then lifted off of the ship safely.
Related Information & FAQ.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇦🇬 Antigua and Barbuda, (AG)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇦🇬 Antigua and Barbuda, (AG)
Motorcycle International Destinations
🇦🇬 Antigua and Barbuda, (AG)
🇦🇬 Antigua and Barbuda, (AG)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoCar Shipping To Or From Port Of San JuanLexingtonShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To Afghanistan
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September