Ship Your Car To Or From Baguio, Philippines
Baguio is commonly referred to as the City of Baguio. It’s a highly urbanized city located in the northern parts of Luzon in the Philippines. It has become commerce, business and education hub in that part of Philippines. It’s also the regional center of the Administrative Region of Cordillera. In any case, the hassle of the process could be avoided if you are aware of the details. The largest port in the Philippines is the Port of Manila and another very popular yet smaller one is the Port of Batangas.
Charges to Be Aware Of
There are quite a few things that you need to be aware of before you ship your vehicle here. It’s important to understand that all vehicles which are imported into the Philippines are actually subjected to taxes and duty fees. These are mainly due before the time the car arrives and you have to pay them in advance.
Strictly speaking, it’s going to cost you between $2,500 and $4,000 to ship a vehicle to Philippines from USA even though this could vary. There are import taxes when you ship your car into the country and they can surpass or be equal to the value of your car. If the car is shipped in a non-containerized vessel, the charge is P$30.55 for one revenue ton. If it’s a Government-owned wharf, the car will cost you $0.694 for a ton and there is a minimum charge of P$10.00
Required Documents for Shipping your Car to the Philippines
- Authority import permit
- Passport of the owner
- Bill of sale or proof of purchase
- Engine number
- Commercial sale invoice
It’s particularly helpful if you can actually be present at the port of arrival when the cargo wharf gets there as the car could be searched by the customs.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Restrictions on Shipping Cars to the Philippines
The first thing that you need to obtain is a special Authority Permit if you want to import a private vehicle. This is available through the Philippines Bureau of Import Service and it’s only available from the country itself. Only left-hand drive vehicles are allowed within the country as the RA8406 rule bans all right-hand vehicles.
In any case, you should also know that there is a limit of only one car per family when you want to import in the Philippines. It is best if you work with an auto transport service as the company would be well aware of all the regulations as well as the important things which need to be taken into account. This is going to ensure a hassle-free transit.
If you are looking for a quote on your auto move, A-1 Auto Transport service will be happy to assist you. Additionally, to get an accurate pricing, it is important to decide on the various methods that are available, as prices differ. These include:
- Roll-on/Roll-Off: This is the most affordable way to ensure that your car reaches Baguio safely. It is driven on the deck, harnessed in place and you only pay for parking space. At the port in Philippines, it will be driven off the deck. There are some limitations such as only shipping an empty vehicle, devoid of personal belongings and air conditioning gas.
- Container shipping: This is a safer and more secure way of shipping your vehicle. You have the option of putting personal belongings with the car in the same 20 feet or 40 feet container.
Of course, should you need any further assistance you can contact the Embassy of the Philippines in Washington, DC.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory