The largest city in Serbia, Belgrade is the capital city and is panoramically situated at the confluence of the rivers Danube and Sava. It is a major port and commercial hub with its own autonomous authority as a city.
If you are importing your personal vehicle to Belgrade from USA, it is arduous task if you plan to do on your own However, if you are going to engage the experienced services of an international shipping service like A1 Auto Transport, then the processes smoothen out as we have experience shipping vehicle globally. It is of immense benefit to have your vehicle imported to Serbia when you are moving on a permanent or long term basis. It gives you freedom to travel all over European Union and bypasses the need to use public transport. Additionally, you can avoid currency exchanges and language barriers.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Ways to ship vehicle to Belgrade from U.S
Though air shipping is the fasters, the prices are exorbitant and that is why most people shipping vehicles to Belgrade select either RORO or Container shipping to ensure affordable pricing. We would recommend container shipping as the best option even though it is more expensive, if you have to move household goods along with the vehicle. The huge 20 feet or 40 feet containers allow enough space to ship both with ease. There are no restrictions or limitations apart from the fact that you cannot ship drugs or ammunition or any illegal item.
RORO or Roll-on/Roll-Off is the most affordable way to ship. The vehicle is driven on the ship’s deck, placed in the bay and secured for transit. It is driven off at Port of Belgrade. However, only an empty vehicle can be shipped and no other item can be left inside except jack, floor mats and spare tire.
Procedures and documentation.
As Serbia is a part of EU, there are stringent clearance procedures. It is essential that the vehicle adheres to Euro 3 standards. As most vehicles manufactured in USA do not adhere to these standards, you will be required to get the modifications done so the import is possible. However, there are additional requirements under Serbian Customs, such as:
- Submit proof of ownership.
- Proof of Custom clearance.
- Original Title deed.
- Vehicle has to be certified a month before it customs cleared.
- Proof of residence in Serbia.
- Serbian visa/work permit copies to be submitted.
- Emission tests and inspection clearances needed.
To know more about the current laws, limitations and eligibility, please contact the Embassy of Serbia in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?